"No no no...not at all...he loves you so much. You are his princess," the moment he said this, I made a face.

"And where was he for all these years if I am his so-called princess?" I asked.

"He never went away from you. You were taken away from him," he answered.

"Really? And how?" I asked back.

We broke the hug and he said, "Dad was married to your mother's sister, Gauri. Ever heard of her?" He asked.

As far as I know, mom never had a sister.

"No," I replied.

"Ofcourse. She is my mother. Dad had me when he was involved in an affair with your mother and you were born," he said.

Oh my god...so my own dear dad had played with the hearts of two sisters!!! Arjun is right at your path unknown daddy!

"And your mother forgave him?" I asked...surprised with the kind of forgiveness gene that runs in our family's blood.

"No...Ofcourse not. It was really hard for her to accept all this. Dad was adamant that he will marry your mother. He was going to divorce mumma," he said.

"And then?" I asked...turning curious about knowing their story.

"And then your mother was thrown out of her own house. Ever met your maternal grandma, grandpa, mamas?" He asked and I had no answer.

He was right! I never saw them. All I ever got to know about them was that mummy never met them because of a fight that took place between mom and them on the issue of her marriage with dad and so we never met them.

"No," I mumbled. "It's because they saved themselves of a huge sinking family reputation," he said.

"So history repeats," I muttered.

"What?" He asked. "Nothing. And then?" I asked.

"And then your mother married a rising businessman of Delhi. Mr Avinash Vanishree," he said.
"And then, even though dad knew that you were there and he was desperate to see you just once, your mom and Avinash uncle never let him do so," he added.

"Though initially mom hated you, she really does care for you now. Do you know she knows you very closely and you have met her a of times and she keeps on talking about you all the time," he said in a  jovial mood.

I gave a half smile.

"Your mom and Avinash uncle signed a pact with our father. The moment you turn twenty, you will legally be permitted to stay with us but unfortunately you got married just four months before you turned twenty and the pact was extended to twenty one and do you know, you were made to sign the extension pact just before the wedding," he said and my brain started working again.

"And that legal paper...I remember. I signed it...yes yes!" I started jumping like a kid as this memory clearly hit me.

"But again your divorce just shook us to the core. We couldn't believe that you got through such a nasty divorce and it was a shock for us to know that you left. Dad tracked you down in just six months and he sent me to Paris, along with Mark and asked me to take care of you but never reveal who I am and what's our relation," he said.

"Mark is dad's closest and most trusted man and he could trust you with him," he added.

I didn't have words again. So the mystery was revealed. I knew the whole story now. I knew the backstory or lets say the love story of my parents. I knew who stood by my side in my hard times. The man and the lady who I never met. The brother whom I never knew about. Strangers!