Chapter 21: You're Back

Start from the beginning

"That's all you have to say? Aren't you excited?" She asked, a little sad.

"I am excited," I replied, "And I'm even more excited that this means you won't be asking for anymore jobs anytime soon."

"So, I can't ever have a job?" She asked, a little disheartened.

"No, it's too stressful for you to have one," I expressed. "I like it as it is now."

"You're a spoiled brat. I hope you're a better role model when the baby comes," Jackie scolded with a frown.

I rolled my eyes, and I looked down at Jackie's stomach. I lifted up her shirt slowly, seeing her bare stomach. I could not believe that our child was growing in her. I lifted up her shirt above her bra, and I took Jackie's shirt off her shirt completely, leaving her in her sports bra. Then I put my big hands on her belly, rubbing it slowly.

It felt like I was already in deep connection with my child, and they had not even been born yet.

"He's going to be a good boy; just like his father," I heard Jackie whisper.

"How do you know it's a boy?" I asked, suddenly.

"I can feel it. When you place your hands on my stomach, it feels like a boy," she said, confidently.

I smiled at that, and then I looked at the stove. I had to turn off the burner before our house burns down. I went over, turning the knob and I placed the food in the refrigerator and then I thought of something.

"Now that you're pregnant, this means you cannot go anywhere by yourself," I declared. I had some enemies from the past, and I could not put Jackie and our child in danger. I always got mad when Jackie walked out the house, and it was because she never asked me, and I never knew where she was. What happened on the night Jackie almost got raped cannot happen again.

"But Brad-"

I interrupted her and I said, "But nothing. What I say goes, and that's no exceptions. Understand? You're pregnant, and if I find you outside, unsupervised, I will get angry. You can go anywhere you want, but take Mister P with you."

"That's not-"

I interrupted her again, and I lightly smacked the back of her thigh. I was serious about this, and I would not argue with her about this. "Am I understood?" I asked as I took her chin in between my hand.

"Yes," she sighed as she rolled her eyes. "You're bossy, and don't smack my thighs."

"I'll gladly smack them again if you walk out the house unsupervised again. I don't care if you're mad at me. I still want you to take someone with you if you leave," I obliterated to her.

"Alright, alright. I will," she laughed.

"I'm serious," I said, taking her hand into mine to drag her off the counter in the kitchen. I grabbed her legs, wrapping them around me as I walked out the kitchen, carrying her.

"Now that we have that straight, what do you want for dinner tomorrow?" She asked.

"You already know," I said, and she did. She knows everything that I want each day. I think the only reason why she asks me is to see if I would want anything new.

"So I guess it's spaghetti again," she giggled.

"Yep."
*
*
*
Jackie Simmons

"You want to got to the movies tomorrow? Just me, you, and Josh," Olivia proposed that night from over the phone.

"I can't, Liv," I whispered as I held the phone to my ear.

"Why not?" She asked, excited.

"Because Brad's worried about something happening to me. He wants me to have supervision when I go anywhere. So if I'm going to be going with you guys, I gotta bring Mister P," I explained to her carefully.

"Who's Mister P?" She asked.

"Our driver," I answered.

"Dude, come on. It's supposed to be a friend day. Can't Brad forget about himself for a while?" She asked, frustrated.

"He's just trying to protect me, Liv. Please?" I pleaded.

"Fine, Mister P can come. But I'm telling you, if Brad ruins our friend night out, I'm killing him. I don't care if he's your husband or not," she grumpily mumbled.

"Alright, goodnight then. See you tomorrow," I laughed, and I hung up the phone.

"You finally came back," I heard a familiar voice greet.

"Hi, Annie," I said, running over to her to give her a big hug.

"It seems like I was wrong for a change. It seems like the time off from Brad has improved your relationship," she snickered.

"In a way," I replied.

"That's good but I must tell you something. Brad has not eaten in two days," Annie confessed.

"What?" I asked, shocked.

"The stubborn man would not eat anything that was not made by you. He really did miss you, and your relationship is not one sided. Your buffoon of a husband is just too prideful to admit his feelings," she truthfully explained.

"That makes me feel better. Where is he now?" I asked her.

"In the bedroom sleeping. Poor man hasn't really got much sleep lately from all those business deals," she said.

"Thank you, Annie," I said and I walked out the room into the kitchen to grab some cookies and coffee for Brad to eat and drink.

After fixing it, I walked to our bedroom, placing everything on the stand.

I put my hand on my husbands' forehead, and his eyes fluttered open.

"Honey, Annie told me you haven't been eating," I said, worryingly.

"Yes. And?" He asked, nonchalantly.

"Don't say 'and.' You've been starving yourself. Please, eat," I said as I brought him his coffee and cookies.

As I stirred some sugar in his coffee, I felt him staring at me.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked, suddenly.

"You're so beautiful," he complimented, and I smiled.
****
I wasn't gonna update until next week but I felt generous and I said, why not give them a little surprise?

I love all of you guys. We are officially number 151 in teen fiction. I can't believe that and I love you guys so much.

Comment, vote and share.

The chapter is not edited.

Love, China.