seventeen

Jade's pov

Today was the day Perrie and I here suppose to present our song in front of the class. I was concerned about everything that could go wrong,considering the breakdown I had last night.

I walked down the hallway with Perrie's hand in mine. That day was the first that Rebecca and her 'friends' haven't bothered us. Maybe today isn't a bad day.

We walked in class,where there was only another boy,that I have never talk to,but I heard a lot about him. All the girls were crazy over him,his name is Jed.

"All the school is talking about you two,you know that right?" He asks,not looking at us,but obviously talking to us because we were the only one in the room

"Oh cool" Perrie says,taking my hand,taking a seat in the back of the class,behind Jed.

"What is going on Pez?" I whisper to her,and she just mouths 'I will explain to you later'

The bell rang,and the class started filling with students that were talking,listening to music or playing on their phones. That's when I see Leigh Anne and Jesy talking to each other. As soon as they see us,they wave at us and take a seat a few rows in front of us,because there was no seat closer to me and Perrie.

"So,students. Today is the day you will present your project that you made in groups. You have the projects,yes?" Mrs. Edwards asks

The whole class nodded.

"Ok. Let's get started." The teacher says looking at a piece of paper that I suppose she had written the groups for the project.

"First team. Leigh Anne Pinn-" The teacher is cut off by the door that opened,and a tall,blonde girl walks in. Rebecca.

Perrie immediately sees my discomfort,and she puts her right hand on my thigh,whispering "Stay calm. She's not gonna hurt you"

"I'm sorry I'm late,Mrs. Edwards. A family business" She says putting on a fake smile

"Take a seat." The teacher says not even looking at the blonde girl,that choose a seat next to Jesy and Lee,because that was the only empty seat.

"As I said earlier. Leigh Anne Pinnock and Jessica Louise Nelson are the first team. Come here,girls"

The song that they wrote is called Little Me,which basically talks about how they want to turn back time and give some useful advices to their younger self.

Next was Jed and his friend,also Perrie's ex boyfriend,Alex. They did a pretty good job.

After another 3 teams sang their songs in front of the class,it was me and Perrie's turn. That's when I felt my anxiety rising.

"You are gonna be amazing" Perrie whispers in my ear before standing up.

She took the paper with the lyrics on it,in case she forgot them.

"We are friends for life" Perrie started singing. Her voice was so angelic.

"Hold that deep inside" I continued her line

The whole class applauded when we finished the song,thing that made me blush a bit. But,Rebecca,Jed and Alex were just judging us for writing such a personal song.

"Sorry,Rebecca. You have no rights to talk like this to your classmates." The teacher saves the situation that Perrie could go talk to that blonde haired-girl.

We were the last team that sang that day. Tommorow we will find out what grade we took.

As soon as the bell rang,I got up and ran straight into the bathroom,locking the door. That's when tears came rolling down my cheeks. I knew I didn't need to write a song like that. It was about my shitty life that it will never be 'better'. It never gets better,especially for people like me.

I hated myself. I hated the way I talked,ate or walked. I hated the way I was. I cared way too much in situations that I shouldn't have cared.
I'm just sitting here,with a blank expression on my face. Nobody came to look for me. It was just me,myself and I,as I was,as I am and as I will always be.

Next period was history. I loved it. I loved learning about stuff that changed this horrible world. I really hope that Perrie doesn't have history too. That will be pretty awkward,to be honest.

By my surprise,Perrie wasn't in class with me,neither Lee or Jess. Strange. History was my last period,so I got my books amd went home. I saw Perrie once or twice in the hallway,but she just ignored me.

Of couse she ignored you. She doesn't need you. You are just making her life worse for being who you are.

I was mad at me for thinking something like this,but..it was true. Nobody likes me,why would I think that Perrie would love me?

As soon as I walked into the house,I began crying,not knowing my mom was home,but I didn't care. I was feeling so pointless at this time,I didn't care.

Perrie didn't try to call or even text me that night. Neither Jesy or Leigh Anne.

I cried myself to sleep.

__