Welcome to the Crew

Toms POV
It's been about a week since I slept with Tord and for once, just once, I felt loved. I felt wanted, I didn't feel like I was an outcast or a mistake, I felt I had a purpose. It was a good feeling even though it was short. He still cries every night about Tara though, I don't blame him. It's been about 3 months since she fell into coma. Theres still been no sign of life from her. We haven't done much around the mansion lately and quite frankly I don't think we will until Tara wakes up. She was Tord's sunshine, the smile on his face, the blood that runs through his veins, she means everything to him. If Tara died again Tord would never be the same. Apparently I had been walking and thinking to myself which led me right to Tord's room. I swear sometimes my feet think more than my brain. I laughed a little at myself and my retarded thoughts.

Since I was already here I better just knock, maybe I'm here for a reason? I thought to myself for a minute then just shrugged and knocked. There was no reply so I knocked again. Again. Nothing. I pressed my ear up against the door. Small quiet whimpers and sobs escaped the door. I opened the door cautiously and stepped inside. "Tord?" I asked cautiously. I was immediately hit with a strong force causing me to stagger backwards. I was breathing heavy from the hard blow but I steadied my breaths when I noticed Tord crying into my hoody. His tears soaked my hoody but to be completely honest, I didn't care. I hugged him back and picked him up setting him on his bed. When he looked into my eyes I could tell that he'd been crying all day. His eyes were red and tired, he was clearly trying to keep his eyes open from the lack of sleep. "Tom." He whimpered. "Can you s-stay with m-me? A-at least until I f-fall as-sleep? P-please! I'm begging you, please!" He whimpered crying into his hoody sleeves.

I felt my heart break, why was he so scared? I pulled his chin up to face me, his eyes were wide with fear. "Of course I will Tord, you don't have to beg me to help you sleep." I said trying to calm him down. "I-I'm s-sorry..." I cut him off by bringing his face into my hoody. "Shhh, it's ok. You're ok." I whispered to him. He seemed to calm down and slowly his breaths steadied then slowed. He was asleep. I sighed and put his head gently on the pillow. I was about to cover him up with the blankets when he whispered something in his sleep. "Tara, please wake up." I looked sadly at him then covered him with the blankets.

Slowly and quietly I shut the door, then I looked to Tara's and Sally's room. Sally wasn't going to be in there until morning so I went in. Tara lay in her bed unconscious, her eyes open but every few seconds she would blink letting us know she was still alive. She was alive, she was there, but in a way she was gone. She lay there unmoving, her skin pale and cold, her gaze locked on the ceiling. Tears pricked at my eyes but I wiped them away not wanting Tara to worry. I'm not even sure she can see or hear me but if she can I don't want to scare her.

"H-hey Tara, it's been awhile since I last saw you. S-sorry about that by the way." Like always there was no response. I cleared my throat and got to the point. "Listen, I'm not sure if you can hear me or see me but if you can I know you're pissed. You know that I slept with Tord and you're going to rip my throat out when you wake up." I paused and laughed a little. "That's why I'm doing this." I continued and stuck a needle into my arm. I took the opposite end of a transparent tube with the other needle and put it in Tara's arm. "Yeah, that's right Tara, I'm giving you my blood. I'm not sure it'll work but if it does hopefully that's a good enough apology." I finished and sat down next to her bed up against the wall. "Alright starting it now." I said pressing the button on the machine which sucked the blood from my arm. I watched the blood travel through the tube to Tara's arm. Her finger twitched a little and I smiled. "It's working Tara! I yelled excitedly. "Don't worry, I'll give you all the blood you need. I won't stop until you wake up, I promise."

(1 hour later) "Damn Tara you sure are taking a lot out of me aren't you?" I panted. My vision was blurred and I was numb all over. I couldn't feel my legs, my arms were numb too. Tara was looking a lot better, I think, I saw her arm move and I smiled. "You're getting there Tara, just a little more blood." I said looking at my arm. "Heh, well would ya look at that, my skin is a little pale don't cha think Tara?" There was no reply. My head was pounding with a sharp pain. I rubbed my left temple with my middle and pointer finger, groaning softly. I placed my head up against the wall feeling tired. "I think I'll get some sleep. What do you think Tara?" There was silence. "I'll take that as a yes~" My words slurred with tiredness before my eye lids fell over my eyes. I immediately relaxed and a strange feeling of relief fell over me.