Chapter 4

Jeff's POV

I woke up with Ben sleeping on my chest, I smiled, I felt, a bit uncomfortable for some reason. I ran my fingers through his ghostly blond hair. 'Wow his hair is really soft' I thought as I repeatedly stoked his hair. He smiled so I stopped, thinking he was starting to wake up. I waited, he was still out cold, maybe he was having a dream. By the looks of it he was having a good dream,but what about?He let out a soft moan which made me blush. 'Why am I blushing?' 'And what is he dreaming about?' "I'll ask him when he wakes up." I whispered trying not to wake up the sleeping Ben.

"Heh he looks so, peaceful and cute when he's sleeping. I sighed "No Jeff we're just friends I don't like him like that. I like Jane, don't I?" 'I know Ben doesn't like me that's for sure. He always acts weird around me.' 'Why does he act weird around me? Did I do something or maybe I said something to upset him?' I was snapped out of my thoughts to Ben panting. I looked down at him. "Hey Ben are yo-" I stopped. My jaw dropped and my eyes widened.

Dark and thick blood was dripping out of the rim of his mouth and onto the sheets! "B-Ben are you OK?!" I asked him horrified. His eyes were dull and the smile he had seconds before had vanished. His smile has turned into a look of pure terror. 'He's scared. Heck what am I thinking, I'm scared!' I thought unable to look away from Ben's unfocused eyes darting from side to side. His jaw was gapping open blood spilling over his chin now! I started to stand up but as soon as I moved Ben arched his back throwing his head forward! Violently shaking and coughing up blood, I didn't know what to do! What can I do but stand and watch in terror as my friend silently cries and spats up blood? His silence turned into piercing screams and cries as he threw up until he suffocated.

Ben stopped, panting heavily, not looking up he made another gagging noise and I saw blood fall to the floor. "B-Ben?" I could hear the uneasiness in my voice as I fought back tears. He looked up starring at me,fear overwhelming his black and red bloodshot eyes. I could see tears spill over his face as he shook, blood dripping onto the floor! "W-what's wrong Ben, tell me w-what can I do?!" I yelled as tears started to spill over my face as well! " Please Ben I want to help you!"A second later I felt the sweet taste of blood on my lips. My eyes widened but Ben's shut tight! I couldn't believe it! Ben had smashed our lips together pushing me up against the backboard of the bed!(O/////O well this escalated quickly)

Bens POV

I felt weak and my throat stung from gagging and throwing up. I heard Jeff's muffled yells trying to get my attention."W-what's wrong Ben, tell me what I can do?!" " Please Ben I want to help you!" I looked up at Jeff, tears spilling from his face. 'Am I hurting him?!' 'I am, I'm scaring him!' My eyes widened at the sight of him in so much pain, just to see me like this.

I didn't think, I just acted,thrusting my head up to his connecting our lips! I squeezed my eyes shut. My face got hot, feverish hot! Thinking for a moment I came back to reality realizing what was happening! My mood immediately turned to frantic! 'Wait a minute! I can't do this! Not here, not now! What was I thinking?' I pulled away and slumped down onto the bed sitting on my knees panting slightly. Still feverish I looked up to see a glistening trail of blood and saliva connecting our lips. I wiped my mouth breaking the trail. I peeked at Jeff and he was starring right at me! I shot my head down as fast as I could so he wouldn't see my blush behind my bangs. Jeff on the other hand wasn't so lucky. His blush was stretched across his entire face and if I wasn't so scared of what he was going to do to me... Well I probably would be enjoying this time alone with him.

Jeff's POV

There was silence in the room neither Ben or I moved a muscle.That is until there was a knock on the door. I jumped a little not turning away from Ben. Ben on the other hand went to stand up and once again hit his head on the top bunk. He sat back down holding his head,he didn't get mad this time though. I held back a laugh getting up to answer the door. I opened the door and my face heating up dramatically, this time it wasn't blush. I glared harshly at Liu standing in the doorway. I hated Liu, he hated me and I was planning on keeping it that way. I growled as he smirked at me, it took everything I had and more not to stab this asshole! "What do you want Liu?" I asked roughly through clenched teeth still glaring at him. "Hello to you too brother." He answered smugly. I winced and nearly killed him right there and then for calling me his 'brother'. "Blood means nothing to me anymore Liu!" I yelled at him but it only made his dumbass grin grow wider.

I reached for my knife but I stopped when I heard Ben coughing again. I quickly walked over to Ben rubbing his back. "Aw does your new boyfriend need you Jeffery?" Liu asked I whipped around and glared. "He's not my boyfriend!" I yelled remembering the kiss that had happened seconds before. Finally I yelled. "I like Jane OK?!" Liu's eyes widened a bit. He said nothing else but backed out of the room closing the door. I turned back to Ben he wasn't coughing up blood anymore, just coughing. I kneeled down next to him still not wanting to leave his side. He started shaking and I prepared for blood. There was no blood this time only tears. I opened my arms and he rushed into my hug and cried softly into my sweat shirt. I hugged him lightly and rubbed his back, all my hostility towards Liu was gone for now. 'How does that happen? What kind of power does Ben have over me that just makes all other emotions just, stop?' I don't know what it is but hell its powerful. I looked down at him and he looked at me with sadness in his eyes. I was confused, why was he sad? Ben sat up and whispered something softly into my ear that made my heart sink.

I looked down at him as the 5 words replayed in my head over and over again. "Jeff, I don't wanna die." I felt hot tears spill down my face, pulling Ben into a hug. I whispered to him "You're not going to die, I'll protect you I promise." My voice shaky with tears. He hugged me back giving me a weak nod. I picked him up and placed him lightly in my bed, since his was drenched in blood. I pulled a chair up to his side and took his soft hand in my own rubbing it gently with my thumb. He yawned as a kitten would and slowly but surely drifted off to sleep. I smiled, slowly pulling my hand away and walked out the door shutting it behind me.

"Goodnight Ben, I love you....

.....as a friend." I said softly,smiling as I placed my head against the door.(HA SIKE!!!XDXDXD) *air horn noise*

I know I'm sorry! You probably hate me right now but that's my job lol see you next chapter bye bye! P.S. After this Shit gets REAL! PS 1,347 words people!!!