Chapter 6

Bens POV
I felt someone put their hand on my arm, I didn't know who it was. I was so hurt and angry from what Jeff had said. I was angry at myself for screwing our friendship up. The room was dark and I just got angrier thinking it was Jane. 'Why is Jane in my room of all people?' She's probably looking for Jeff or just wanting to rub it in my face that she had him wrapped around her finger. I growled and leaped on top of Jane pinning her down to the ground. My blood pounding in my ears I couldn't hear what she said. I pulled out a knife I had found on Jeff's bed. Raising it above my head ready to strike my victim and end my pain.

I raised it above my head starting to bring it down when the lights flickered on blinding me. I squinted and glared at Toby, wide eyed in the doorway. I didn't care if he was there or not I was still going to kill Jane. I turned back and glared at the figure on the ground. My eyes widened and I dropped my glare along with my knife. I saw a terrified Jeff laying beneath me, his eyes wide with fear and confusion. I could see it in his eyes that he was asking only one question. 'Why?'

I backed up to the far wall covering my mouth as bloody tears ran down my face. If I hadn't ruined our friendship before I sure had done it now. There was no way in hell Jeff would ever trust me like he did before. I slumped down against the wall. 'What is wrong with me?' . I heard the door shut and felt someone sit down next to me. "If I put my arm on you are you going to try to kill me again?" He laughed a little. I noticed it was Jeff's voice, lifting my head from my arms I managed to smile a bit. It was the first time in a long time that I had enjoyed Jeff's humor during a serious situation like this. It let me know that we were still friends, I let out a silent sigh of relief. "No." I laughed not looking at him.

Jeff's POV

"So." I said shyly. Ben didn't look at me. "I know what your going to say Jeff." He whispered, still not looking at me. His smile had gone now. "So just save your breath and your words, I don't need to hear it come from you. I already know." He bit his bottom lip and turned away from me. "What did you think I was going to say Ben?" I asked him grabbing his chin and turning his head to look at me. Tears in his eyes, they fell as he looked at me and said in a shaky whisper,"Why did I try to kill you?" He looked down ashamed and embarrassed. I didn't have a response really, cause that was exactly what I was going to ask him. Instead I just pulled him into a hug and held him tight whispering softly. "It's ok Ben, I forgive you."

Bens POV
My eyes widened and I hugged him back tightly,tears spilling down my face. "Thank you." I whispered softly into his shoulder, "You're welcome." Jeff said putting his chin on my head rubbing my back making me shiver with pleasure. Jeff then started to slowly stoke up and down my spine lightly with his finger. I buried my face in his shoulder blushing madly as I bit my bottom lip holding back a moan. Instead I arched my back biting my lip harder trying hard not to moan. I let out a small whimper and he stopped. It felt really nice but I pulled back sitting on my knees.

Jeff's POV
Ben whimpered and sat back on his knees silently looking at the floor. "Did I hurt you?" I asked him. He looked up at me. "N-no, don't worry about me, I'm fine." His blush was spread over his entire face. But despite that he smiled, showing his teeth a little. I liked his smile, it made me feel all warm and....fuzzy. I don't know why, it just did. I shrugged it off and got up. "You want to come eat some lunch with me?" His eyes widened and he shook his head looking back at the ground. He was still shaken up about yesterday I guessed. "Ok." I said "You just wanna come down with me?" He nodded and said, "Hang on be right down, I just need to get dressed first." Pointing to the blood covered hoodie and pants he was wearing."I made a bit of a mess." He smiled shyly. I glanced at him over my shoulder and closed the door, seeing the knife on the ground. My question returned, "Why did Ben try to kill me?" I asked myself softly.