Chains

While Vanoss soars high, Ohm taps the end of his cane on the ground.

"Alright everyone! Lets begin unloading!" He shouts, turning and walking away as he hums another tune.

Out come the elephants, led by Cartoonz. Right foot, left foot, all stomping in tune.

Out come the lions, led by Wildcat. One after the other, smiling at that.

Here comes Delirious the clown, all giddy, holding his famous black and white kitty.

Out come Brock and Brian, fixing their attire, Brian whispering something into Brock's ear and saying "Liar."

Mini and David follow, quite tired. They themselves are thinking about when to retire.

Then there is Lui, the magician in black, the boxes he carries in his hands all in a stack.

Ohm watches pleased at the sight, while Vanoss just carries on with his flight.

It's quite funny you know, nobody knows where he came from or how he appeared, but nobody dared to ask so they just cheered.

Delirious was fascinated by this. He never sees Vanoss after the shows and they've never talked before. What made him even more curious was those wings. They look real, but such a creature wouldn't exist! Science isn't that advanced.

As a matter of fact, nobody other then Ohm has talked with Vanoss.

And That sent Delirious over the edge. Curiosity will probably kill the cat or in this case, the clown.

So Delirious made it his mission to try and talk with him. At least this time, after this show.

"Hear that Mist?" Delirious spoke to his cat that he held every so tight in his hands, "We are finally gonna talk with Vanoss! And I know just how to get him down." He whispers.

Delirious just smiled, his maniacal laughter now echoing throughout the train station.

Cartoonz and the others look over, but only chuckle along with him.

-

The train is finally unloaded and they begin setting up the large red and yellow tent, shouting back and fourth as they all work as a team with some of the Circus staff.

"Beautiful!" Says Ohm staring at the now set up tent. Vanoss lands behind him, rubbing his arm and looking to the floor.

Vanoss knew he had been up in the air too long and that Ohm would be furious at that, but he couldn't help himself. He just wanted to feel free.

The others continue with their work, ignoring Ohm per usual as they begin bringing the animals inside. First the Lions, then the Elephants.

Delirious on the other hand is watching Vanoss intently, mentally marking down all his features, actions and reactions.

But after Ohm begins heading inside, Vanoss following, Delirious can't help but do the same.

"Come on Mist. We are going to see what he does before the show."

-

"That's it!" Shouts Ohm as he watches Vanoss soar around inside the tent, practicing what he must do for the show.

"Now! Through the ring!" He shouts, tapping his cane on the sandy floor.

Delirious was just peeking out from under the stands, Cartoonz and the rest next to him.

He had invited them along and to be quite frank, they were just as intrigued.

It never crossed their mind on what Ohm and Vanoss did before the show, but now they know. Just plain old practice.

"This is stupid." Hisses Wildcat.

They watched as Vanoss soared down to the ring, but stop about a foot away from it, shielding his face.

"Vanoss! I said through the ring!" Ohm shouts, venom laced in his voice.

Vanoss only shakes his head, his wings taking a few flaps backwards and away from the flames that have engulfed the silver ring.

Mini's eyes widen "What the hell?! A flaming ring? I thought those weren't allowed in shows anymore because of safety risks! Both for people and animals!" Mini whisper shouts to Terrorizer.

"That's what I was thinking.." Wildcat butts in, staring at Vanoss as he continues backing away.

Ohm just grins, snapping his fingers as some of the Staff pour out from the back of the tent, chains in hand.

Vanoss uncovers his face and turns to take off, but before he could, the cold touch of metal grips his throat.

Several of the staff members had managed to toss one of the weighted chains through the ring, catching Vanoss by the neck.

Together they pulled, stepping back as Vanoss only moved closer to the ring.

He gasps for air as he claws at the chains with his fingers, desperate to get it off.

"Heave!" They shout before giving the chain a good yank, bringing Vanoss closer to the ring by a good foot.

They open their mouths to shout again, but Vanoss obliges and flies through the small, flaming ring.

Some of his feathers singed as they flutter down to the ground and he himself covering his face as a shield.

He slowly uncovers his face, his head hanging low due to the chain.

He immediately looks over to the staff members, his eyes dilating and changing from a soft brown, to a deadly gold.

Vanoss' back was facing the group that stayed hidden under the bleachers.

Like a bird of prey, he swoops down at the staff members, hoping to scare them off so he could free himself from these chains.

Wrong.

Another weighted chain flies over the ring and catches his neck, pulling him back in the opposite direction.

He growls at this, finding it more and more difficult to breath by the minute.

"They're treating him like an animal!" Cartoonz whisper shouts, his eyes wide in fear.

More people come rushing out. Left and right.

Another chain wraps around his right wrist, pulling left.

Another wraps around his left wrist, pulling right.

Same goes for his legs.

And another pulling him down to the ground.

Delirious just moves back, horrified of the scene in front of him.

Vanoss' wings stop moving and he crashes into the sand with a 'Thud', blowing up dust into the air.

"Is.. is he dead..?" Moo asks, trembling.

"Stupid Hybrid!" Ohm shouts as he delivers a swift kick to Vanoss' jaw, Vanoss only groaning back in response.

- 1030 Words -