Chapter 16: Boss...AKA Louise de Coccinelle's Danger

Start from the beginning

     Then, it would basically be a "spell with two souls." It is one spell but has six slots instead of the original three because there are two fire spells combined into one, and three plus three of the Sub slots.

     Also, there is no limit to how many support spells you have.

     The last type of spell is Share. Different from Support, it doesn't give away or combine spells or anything of the sort. It shares them. Explains it perfectly, doesn't it?

     Nope.

     What a share spell does is link. Going back to the life example from before, when they were in their original fifty and 100% states...casting a Share spell would keep those numbers the same. The only thing that changes is their quality. If the fifty drops then the other is unaffected, but if it rises then hundred goes up. If hundred drops then fifty doesn't get affected, if it rises, fifty also experience the effects. If one hundred becomes one hundred and ten, then fifty becomes fifty five. It's a relationship of benefits.

     With Share, two fireballs could grow off of each other if only one of them is given MP or lighter fluid is the magic example.

     Basically, I thought of it this way:

     Main - spell.

     Sub - added effect.

     Support - second life.

     Share - linked beneficial relationship.

    Altogether, they were the Spell Types.

     After playing around with my fire magic for a while, I noticed the predawn light that became visible beyond the window. The sky was still that navy blue with only the first hint of baby blue far in the horizon. It would take some time, but Glaedis was coming ever steadily.

     And so was a person.

    I heard footsteps outside of my door, and immediately canceled my spell. I kept up the barrier because I completely forgot about it.

     I held my breath uselessly while Boss kept on sleeping abnormally, not waking up no matter what. I reached through the railing and rubbed her small head while smiling lightly, ruffling her short white hair.

     They did not pass by. Instead, they paused right behind the wood barricade between us. The metal stub on the door rattled a bit.

    Tch-tch-tch, I heard.

    The door was locked.

     Silence.

     I started breathing again, very slowly and lightly, trying to listen for anything that might give up the presence of the one trying to access the nursery.

     There was a scratching against the door as if it was a hassle for it to not open. And then, a growl when more footsteps came from the opposite direction the first person came.

     What the hell is that?!

     Shudders racked my body from the essence of it and I unknowingly strengthened the [Black Magic Block], cost myself ten MPs. I didn't know it, but it became uncommonly strong.

     Slight scratching sounds blighted the door again, going upwards. The other pair of footsteps were slow and lethargic, carelessly echoing through the halls. I didn't even enhance my hearing to pick up every time they fell and lifted stickily off the ground.

     There was an amused growl somewhere above the wood frame as a loud and ignorant yawn was released. It made me scream at that person while feeling an impending sense of doom.