Awkward Bus Ride

I rushed home with Clare to talk about the beauty pageant. It was only a day away and my clothes still hadn't arrived! I quickly phoned Ash to ask if she had my clothes ready, she said that they hadn't because the order had just been cancelled. She truly sounded sorry and apologised ferociously, staring that she had tried and tried but they just got fed up with her and cancelled her order. I told her that it wasn't her fault and that I can just order new ones before hanging up. I shrugged, what can I do?

Clare stared at me like I was insane, then I realised, what was I going to do?

"Oh my God! What am I going to do? The pageant is only a couple of days away and I don't have any clothes to wear!" I started hyperventilating and panicking, I need to get my clothes! Ok, calm down, what can I do?

I imagined myself strutting down the catwalk in my school uniform. People laughing at me as I struck my pose at the end and then strutting back. That would be funny for them, but completely humiliating and embarrassing for me. I would be know as 'That Girl Who Wore Her School Uniform In The Beauty Pageant'. Uh, I could never live with myself.

After a while of thinking, I suddenly had a superior idea. Shopping! We can go shopping! Then I realised that it wasn't even a superior idea, it was what anyone would have done. Aw, this was such a downer.

"We need to go shopping!" I called to Clare, already grabbing my purse and half way down the stairs.

"Hey, wait for me!" She hollered back.

We jumped onto the bus, which just happened to be coming in and going to the exact place we needed to go to, the mall.

Coincidence?

I THINK NOT!

That bus driver must have been spying on us and just waiting for us to just jump on and then kidnap us, taking us to a strange land where birds eat superheroes and there are sparkly rainbow ponies. I wanna go there. I would definitely go if there were chewy suitcases and smelly cheese (once again, I'm weird don't judge).

I really started to suspect my theory when we realised the bus was empty. Awkward.

We payed for our tickets and then rushed to our seats, planning what sort of look I was going for. We came to a decision of either trendy and cool or cute and pink. I voted trendy and cool while Clare voted cute and pink.

It was a tie so we were planning on just trying both on and then seeing which looked nicer.

As we walked off the empty bus, which sadly had not stopped off at the strange land where birds ate superheroes and sparkly rainbow ponies. I was beyond gutted but tried to hide it with excitement for the up coming pageant.

As we were about to hop off the bus, I suddenly had an idea.

"Hey Clare, you know we had a deadlock on the voting? Well let's be real X-Factor fans and then get the public vote." I whispered to Clare. She looked at me, puzzled about my thoughts. I then wandered over to the bus driver.

"Hey, I was wondering if you think I should go for the trendy and cool look, for a beauty pageant or the cute in pink look?" I asked the bus driver.

He stared at me for a moment, in deep thought, then answered,

"I think, trendy and cool" the foul looking bus driver replied, over his owl like glasses and 'looks-like-its-just-been-washes-but-it's-actually-just-really-greasy' looking hair replied, I smirked at Clare, who then scowled at me in response.

"Thanks" I muttered and then ran with Clare into the mall.

It was almost deserted, which was strange seeing as normally everyone was here at this time on a weekday. Hmmm strange... Maybe a sparkly rainbow pony will pop up somewhere!What? I can dream!

--------------------------------------------