Late Arrival

This chapter is dedicated to 'emester' thanks for being a great reader and commenter! It means a lot to me.

Sorry for the long wait but here it is.

------------------

Jumping back into the car, I turned to Seb, "well drive!" I screeched. I know that was very impatient of me but we're already late as it is. There's no need to become even more late! The pageant is in an hour and there is so much to do before we go on. I have to do my make-up, do my hair, get my outfit on and then show people what I've got. That I am not a nobody and kick some ass.

We settle into an uncomfortable silence so I switch on the radio, eventually it blurts out the news of yesterday which means that there is no particularly good music to play on so I switch the station, until Seb growls at me. Which is when I decide, that it is probably best that I stop and turn it back to yesterday's news. He growls agains so I huff, slam the off button and sit back.

After ten minutes of this agonising silence, we finally pull up at school where I quickly thank him and dash into the building, searching for a while until I spot the girls waiting impatiently for me to arrive.

They drag me into the changing rooms and start immediately on getting me ready.

It seems that Clare has taken charge of the group and is assigning everyone to their positions. Amy on make-up, Shay on hair and herself to get the next outfit ready for when I've done a category.

First it will be swimwear, then winter, summer, casual and finally formal.

"Five minutes until start girls" some announcer called. Goodness I really was late!

I quickly changed into my swimwear, a sky blue bikini with the fringing down the front of the top and hoops round on the side of the bottoms. Along with white sunglasses, which were perched on top of my golden hair, curled into ringlets. My makeup was natural, so it looked as if I was ready to swim. With flip flops on my feet that were the same colour as my sunnies, it completed the look.

I was getting a little nervous because I knew almost every person sitting in that audience. That had never happened before. It's more scary when you know everyone.

As there was a little time to spare I glanced around at all the other girls. Most of them looked pretty hot but I'm afraid some of them looked too slutty in their itsy bitsy bikinis. Some girls were even wearing one pieces.

Then I saw Amber. She was in the tightest little hot pink bikini imaginable with her boobs spilling out and her butt on full display. She looked like a total slut who was desperate for attention. Not only that but she had an awful amount of make-up on, her face was caked in foundation and concealer, blusher and mascara along with eyeliner, eyeshadow and lipstick that were all in bold colours that didn't really go together and didn't suit her skin tone. She looked pretty bad, but I'm sure the boys will love it which means that she will get votes. No one really bothered to look around because we would get a look later on.

"Ladies please come to the gymnasium where there has been a catwalk set up for you to walk down. The show will be starting in one minute."

As all the contestants put on robes to cover their outfits and wandered out, there were a lot of 'good lucks' and 'get back quick so we can start in your next outfit' and 'you look great', we were all out.

"Right, girls you will be going out in alphabetical order, you must not change order and you must not go with anyone else down the catwalk."

We were all too nervous to reply so we all just nodded.

"Alright, Sarah Alek"

She took off her robe and waited by the wings. After a nod from the organiser, she walked on where there was a loud roar coming from the crowd. I peeped through a small gap in the boarding and watched her stride down the walk. She looked good but when she got to the end she looked a little lost of what to do so she struck a hand on hip and walked away.