Today Is The Day

My alarm blares rather loudly in my room the next morning, probably waking up the entire neighbourhood, meaning that I have to turn it off before we start getting complaints from our not so pleasant neighbours. So much for loving your neighbours. As I felt around my bedside table, lamp, hairbrush, phone, glass of water, book, the cat (Jeremy), where was it? Actually having to lift my head to see where the alarm was, I remembered that my alarm was on the bookshelf, on the other side of the room. To make sure that I actually did get up.

Regretting doing that now. Why oh why did I do that? Why? Anyway, it seems to have worked, simple, but effective. Along with very annoying and frustrating.

After successfully slumping out of bed and trudging towards the deathly machine that awakens me from my beauty sleep. I turn it off and start the morning routine.

Half way through my shower, I think I wake up a little and remember that the beauty pageant is today!

Today is the day. The day that it happens. The day of the beauty pageant. Dun. Dun. Dun.

Sorry to be so dramatic, I love drama.

I curse under my breath and hurry myself along. Washing my hair super quick. Super-duper quick. The sort of world record kind of super-duper quick, that fast.

As I shimmy, yes shimmy, into my clothes, I grab my brush and hair dryer and quickly dry my hair and sing into my hairbrush microphone along to One Direction's 'What Makes You Beautiful' (it's actually shaped and looks like a microphone) and then head down stairs for my breakfast. Fruit and yogurt. Mmmm, just what I fancy (note the sarcasm).

Quickly scoffing it down, I spot Seb making his way down the stairs. I greedily oogle the croissant that is snuggled into his palm but do my best to resist the buttery pastry. Boys are so annoying, they can eat what the want, when they want but hardly ever gain a pound. They have it so easy.

Stuffing the last of my fruit into my mouth, very lady like I know, I grab Seb's collar and half drag, half carry him out the door, towards his new BMW. Shoving him into the drivers seat and then jogging round to the other side, clamber in and then put my feet up on the dashboard.

"Drive!" I order. He rolls his eyes, after giving my feet a dirty look but obediently obeys me, knowing better than to mess with me when I'm in this kind of mood. Muttering something about me being at 'that time of the month'. I roll my eyes and ignore him. Like I normally do.

After a little drive, I start to feel that I've left something behind. I've got my make-up, hairbrush, everything I need, right? What could it be that I am forgetting? That annoying little nagging voice inside my head, the one that is supposedly your 'conscience' but I don't think my conscience really likes me, it tends to disappear and only reappears at desperate needs. Anyway it suddenly says 'It might be quite useful to bring clothes to wear for the beauty pageant! Dummy!' Ahh! Thank you nagging voice! It likes me! I've made a friend! Go Kel-ly! Go Kel-ly! Woohoo, sure it's inside my head but I'm not in the position to pass up friends. I'm THAT aweso-. Oh God! I left my beauty pageant stuff at home!

"Shoot! Go back! I forgot the clothes that I'm supposed to be wearing for the beauty pageant!" I shriek, terror rushing over me, slamming my hand down on the dash board, which makes me feel like I've done the splits, having your feet on the dash board plus slamming your hands down equals not very comfy. Seb jumps, letting out a girly scream and pushing hard on the brakes. Grabbing his heart he takes in some deep breathes. "Damn woman, almost giving me a heart attack and killing my car! Wouldn't want two deaths on your hands would you?"

Too worried about the fact that he isn't turning around, I don't notice his snide remark.

When he finally turns around he quickly does a sprint down the long stretch (can cars sprint) me screaming (literally) at him to slow down, finally coming to the point were I am seriously thinking that he is trying to kill me and then swerves into the driveway, narrowly missing the neighbours cat, Marvin (A.K.A - Spawn Of Satan).

Clutching onto my seat for dear-life, I shakily reach out to pull open the door and then wobbly kneed, speed walk into the house, with Marvin hissing at my heels, and grab the bag of clothes that will be needed for today's events.

*****

This chapter is dedicated to readingbunny101 you have been a great voter and thank you xx

Hope you enjoyed the update! Sorry for the looooong wait, the next update shouldn't be so bad.

Please vote, comment and enjoy!

Emma xx