The 12 Commandments

Authors Note

I am dedicating this chapter to @leanneameliachoudary, you actually prompted me to keep writing so thank you. :)

--------------------------------------------

After PE we had Biology. I walked in, having had a little trouble with my locker. I had opened my locker to have all of my books fall out. After I had tided up the mess, I slammed my locker shut (to stop everything falling out again) then realised I still needed my books, I had opened my locker and watched as my books re-fell-out, groaning as I reached to pick them up AGAIN. When I had successfully got all of my books and then managed to stuff everything in quickly, meaning that it would all fall back out again when I came out of Biology, but the bell was about to go and I couldn't be late. Wow, I really am a nerd at heart, who knew?

I rushed/scrambled in, having tripped over the 'wet floor' sign that was hidden very expertly behind the corner that I turned sharply on, on the way over. Of course the cleaners would want us 'snooty children of the rich' to trip and break our necks, unfortunately, they nearly succeeded in their mission to overcome us, but we shall stand strong against the rebellious cleaners and fight back!

Anyway... I'm not quite sure where that came from, but moving on...

Just as I walked in, there was a hand on my shoulder

"I believe that running in the corridors, is against the school rules, remember Miss Street? Hmmm?"

I silently nodded, I mentally rolled my eyes as I thought of the speech that was almost certainly going to come, the 'Schools Twelve Commandments', is that blasphemy?

"Miss Street, are you familiar with the 'Schools Twelve Commandments'?" I nodded my head.

He ignored me anyway and said,

"Well, I suspect you should familiarise yourself with them then shouldn't you. Why don't I help you on your way,

' 1. Thou shall always do thy homework.

2. Thou shall never lie to a teacher.

3. Thou shall never be late for thy class.

4. Thou shall never skip thy class.

5. Thou shall never start a fight.

6. Thou shall always tell thy office when thy ill.

7. Thou shall never envy.

8. Thou shall never borrow another's possession.

9. Thou shall never steal.

10. Thou shall never run down thy corridor.' He said this one in a very grave tone, looking very heavily at me, down his long wobbly nose. Eugh, I can't believe he's married, boy she sure is a lucky lady, or perhaps man? Who knows?

'11. Thou shall never bully.

12. Thou shall never stand up to a teacher (because we will win and we are better than you)', well that last bit isn't in it but I'm sure that's what they are really thinking. He said the last two very quickly, knowing that the point had been made.

He looked at me for a few moments, making sure that he was intimidating me, which wasn't working I might add, and then gave me a leaflet that had the oh so holy 'Twelve Commandments' on it.

"Make sure you learn these by the next lesson that I see you." I was about to protest that I actually have him for next lesson when he swished his imaginary cape behind him and strutted into the class room like he owned the place, apologising for being late. I shuffled in, hoping he wouldn't see me, but of course he did, we don't call him Hawk Eye for nothing.

"Miss Street, you are late for your lesson" and then he repeated all of what had just happened again, by saying the Twelve Commandments all over again. The Twelve Commandments are really getting on my nerves, he was saying everything in the exact same order like it was rehearsed, knowing him, like I sadly do, it probably was.

After wasting about half the lesson with him saying the commandments, he then said,

"Ah, Miss Street, talking about the school rules, did you familiarise yourself with the 'Twelve Commandments'? Just like I asked?"

"Erm, yes I did." I faintly nodded my head.

He raised an eyebrow then said,

"Well then, would you like to repeat then in front of the class?" I hesitated,

"That wasn't a question, it was an order, do as I say Peasant!" Don't ask, he failed to get into drama school, and don't ask how I know that, I just do, somehow.

I glanced at the back where Shay had her school homework diary out, where it had the 'Commandments' plastered on the front.

"OK" Shay would help me get through this.

Shay held up her homework diary, pointing to the pages of homework that she had to do.

"One, Thou shall always do thy homework."

Shay lay her head on the table.

"Two, Thou shall never lie to a teacher" I said after a little hesitation.

Shay pointed to an imaginary watch on her wrist.

"Three, Thou shall never be late for thy class."

This carried on until I managed to get them all, I nearly burst out laughing when Shay pretended to be ill, she started silent coughing and then grabbed her throat dramatically and then 'died' on her desk seconds later. Everyone was giving her shifty glances but it wasn't like she cared.

--------------------------------------------

After lunch, all the girls where huddled in little groups and where whispering to each other. We all looked at them, confused about what they were talking about.

Then it hit me "SHOOT, THE BEAUTY PAGEANT IS THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW!!!" I whisper yelled to Shay, Amy and Clare.

They all gasped and then we ran to the table, abandoning our lunches and then started some serious beauty pageant planning. I hope it will all go alright the day after tomorrow. I'm already getting nervous!

--------------------------------------------

Authors Note

Hi Readers!

Hope you like the new update, one of my longer ones.

Please vote, comment, read, enjoy!

Hopefully the new update will be coming soon!

Love Emma xx