Chapter Four

P.O.V.: Roman, First Person
Timeline: Flashback (cont.)

I held my breath as I kneeled down in front of Anxiety's door, wasting no time. I hardly dared to breath, working on picking the lock.

It hardly took any effort. It wasn't a heavy duty thing. It wasn't like he was expecting someone to try to break into his room. The door unlocked with a simple click.

All I had to do now was enter.

And for some reason I hesitated.

Was I... really doing this?

I mean, he was EXTREMELY rude and totally deserved this, right?

Was this going too far?

No, I thought angrily, trying to call back the fury I felt earlier. He didn't just think I would stand there and take it, did he? No, I want revenge. Something to make him feel the same way I did when he slammed that door in my face after he disrespected -

Reconvinced, I opened the door as quietly as I could.

Patton had said he never was without those ugly headphones...

I held almost screamed instantly.

Anxiety was RIGHT THERE.

Sleeping, right there on the couch.

He was wearing his trademark black jacket with a black shirt and black jeans. I smirked at the bright purple socks on his feet.

Anxiety was stretched out completely on the couch. His legs hung over the arm of the couch and he was stretched out along the rest of it, the opposite arm rest just a couple of inches above his head.

His eyes were shut and a black cat plush was tucked under his head as a pillow.

Anxiety's breathing was slow and deep, proving that he was sleeping.

How good was my luck?

I took a moment to scan the room, mostly out of curiosity. The room actually resembled Thomas's living room, minus the stairs. Kitchen and all.

And I'm not quite sure why that surprised me.

The only thing that was different was that the room was oddly, and almost disturbingly clean. I didn't see anything on the floor other than the blanket that had fallen off the couch and onto the floor.

Anxiety was still wearing those horrible headphones. They were kinda sideways though, sliding away from his ear and landing on his pale cheek.

As softly as I could, I bent over and slipped those ugly headphones off his head.

Anxiety didn't move, hardly disturbed.

I snuck out of his room - slightly rushed now, not wanting him to wake up.

When the door shut behind me, I sighed in relief. I waited for the feeling to satisfaction to slip in.

... It didn't.

It was... too easy.

It was like stealing candy from a baby!

Well, a large, annoying, baby who totally was asking for it.

I gritted my teeth together and teleported back to my room. No turning back. Nope. Nope.

I opened the trunk at the end of my elaborate bed and tossed the ugly, yet precious cargo inside.

I kneeled forward and locked the trunk.

There.

It was done.

I left my room the old fashioned way, making sure the lock was secure. I didn't know if Anxiety would be able to figure it out it was me, but I wanted to be ready if he did.

I teleported to the Common Room. It was surprisingly empty, minus Patton and Logan, who were working on something in the kitchen.

Curious, I made my way over.

"Patton can you read me the next ingredient?" Logan asked, carefully measuring a cup of peanut butter.

"One cup of sugar," Patton read dutifully. "Do you really think that we need that much sugar, Logan?"

"Probably not," Logan admitted. "Maybe do 3/4th cup instead? I don't wanna deviate too far from the recipe."

"Okay," Patton said, doing as he was told.

"Patton?" Logan asked.

The playful side turned to the other side instantly. Gosh, how could Logan not see how much Patton liked him? Ugh. It was painful to watch.

"Uh - yeah?" Patton asked, a hopeful tone in his voice.

"Can you grab the maple syrup please?"

I groaned inwardly in annoyance. I was going to make this happen if it was the last thing I did.

"Um that's not in the recipe, Logan."

"I know. Just something I want to try," Logan explained, keeping his eyes trained on the two eggs he was cracking. "Do you mind?"

"Okay," Patton responded, grabbing the maple syrup and handing it to Logan.

Their eyes met for a moment and I was surprised to see Logan eyes drop a little lower before, clearing his throat with a barely audible 'thanks.'

Ugh. Top of the to-do list: Get them together already.

Once things started to get a little awkward on Patton's part, them doing nothing more than waiting for the cookies to be done, I decided that they needed a little help.

Well, little is a bit of an understatement - I mean, Logan was reciting the Periodic Table of Elements and their atomic numbers for him. Yikes.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone so desperate to be saved.

"Hello, fellow sides. What is that heavenly scent I smell?" Golly gee, they needed help.

"Patton and I are making cookies," Logan responded, straightening his glasses even though they were already completely straight. Was...

Was Logan actually relieved to see me?

Did... he have a crush on Patton?!

I had to withhold a scream of excitement and continued speaking at what I hoped was a normal level.

"Ah, so I take it Patton told you about the Oatmeal Raisin incident. Do you have any ideas of the suspect?" I asked.

"Well- " Logan started but was abruptly caught off by a loud scream.

None of us dared to breathe for a second.

Patton, to my surprise, was the first to jump into action jumping over the counter - how did he do that?! - and running to where the scream had come from.

I followed suit, gripping my sword. What was happening?

My heart slowed and dropped when I saw the source.

Anxiety.

______________________________
Logicality YAY :)

Me: Its getting a little better, right? Possibly...
Virgil: Nope.
Logan: No reasons to support your argument?
Virgil: *shrugs* It's not her best work.
Logan: *searches for nonexistent argument*
Me: I dunno Logan, his argument was pretty airtight.
Virgil: *smirks* Boom.
Me: *flashes finger guns*

So if you made this far, congrats! What do you think?

I really am curious! (all jokes aside I'm sure that one of my sides is Curiousity *flashes finger guns again*)

I'm sorry, I'll stop XD

Wow this is a long authors note (and look at me making it longer by talking, about how long it is haha)

-Max :)