Chapter One

Richard got Athena her own apartment in Germany. He made sure that she has all her basic needs but Athena should take care of the other chores such as cooking for her own food, doing her laundry and maintaining her apartment. He chooses Kaiserswerth, though this place is less than 30 minutes drive to her school, Richard find the place more peaceful than those places near the city.

Charmaine on the other hand made sure that she and Athena will have a regular skype time so that Athena will not be completely missing home.

She knows how hard it is to live a life of her own, she experience it for several months when she had her out of the country internship. Athena may not show her weaknesses but she felt that her sister is having a hard time coping in her first few weeks of living alone. There are times that Athena could not help but cry to her about her missing home and not having anyone with her to help her.

Though she misses home a lot, for several months in Germany, Athena was able to gain new friends, not only those who live in Germany but students from other countries as well. with different gender preferences Among those new friends, Ashlley is her favorite, a Filipina from Davao who is fortunate to gain a scholarship in FDI. Since then, Ashley and Athena became inseparable. She even offered her to stay with her in her apartment since Ashley is staying with the school's room sharing facility. But she begs off because apparently the guy she is sharing her room with is already her boyfriend.

It also helped that Athena was able to chat with Raffy whenever she sees him on line or whenever he has a chance to check on her. Oftentimes, her chat with him lasted longer than that of her sister Charmaine. This gesture of Raffy, admittedly, gives her a happy heart because it is not only her family that she misses but also her Ate's bestfriend, Raphael Villena.

But for several weeks, she hasn't seen him online or did he suddenly pops-up to her chat box. He never mention about him being busy for next couple of weeks that would not make him go on-line.

She posted some of her party photos in her Instagram accounts and she did not even prevent some of her friends to tag her. She is expecting that Raffy would react on those pictures and eventually pops-up in her chat box to reprimand her knowing how conservative and protective he is. But those photos were posted for several days already, but no Raphael Villena dares to make his presence felt.

Her parents call somewhat lessens her anxiety over Raffy. It's her great joy to know that the whole family will be flying to Germany to see her. She is having her regular skype time with her sister Charmaine when she suddenly mentioned Raffy

"Sino yung mga kasama mo sa pictures sa Instagram account mo? You've been there for months now sis, waley ka pa ring prospect dun sa mga nai-date mo na?" Charmaine asked

"They bore me Ate so wala akobg dine-date. Also, mahirap ma-distunguish dito kung sino ang straight. See those Instagram posts, they are more femininine than I" Athena replied

"Seriously? Hindi halata, baka pag nakita ni Daddy ang mga posts na yun bigla kang pabalikin ng Manila" Charmaine said

"Don't worry, ipapakilala ko sila sa inyo when you get here, baka magkacrush pa ang mga yon kay Daddy" Athena said laughing.

"Sasabunutan sila ni Mommy. Is Zander still keeping in touch with you?" Charmaine asked

"Yes Ate but not as often as when I was in Manila. Di ba nga binasted ko na before I leave. Saka next time na lang yan, tapusin ko muna 'tong studies ko dito. Sisingilin pa naman sa akin ni Daddy ang lahat ng gastos ko dito pag hindi ko ito natapos" Athena said

"Sayang talaga si Zander, bakit ba kasi binasted mo? Hanggang ngayon hindi mo pa rin sinasabi sa akin ang reason" Charmaine said

"What I had before for Zander is only infatuation. Mabait naman kasi talaga sya at gwapo pa but when he confesses his feeling to me, ewan ko rin Ate, hindi ko maintindihan ang sarili ko bakit umayaw ako. Maybe we are not meant to be" Athena said " Tama na nga ang topic about Zander, iba na lang pag-usapan natin Ate"