Back in town// Why does it feel so empty at the same time?

Back in town//  Why does it feel so empty at the same time?

After a few minutes of comfortable silence, Asher finally spoke up. "I'm sorry, I should've told you it's just- he was my best friend and I-I can't even think about him without crying and when your dad said he was alive I-"

"Shh. Asher, it's okay." I rubbed his back softly, "I understand completely. I mean- with Will I just- I lost it." I admitted and he let out a shaky breath.

"What did you two talk about?" His voice came out quiet, "Does he hate me?"

I got up and stood in front of him. He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him. I looked down at him and cupped his face, "No one can hate you. It's impossible. Have you met you?"

He rolled his eyes, "You hated me at first." 

"True. But I love you now so it cancels out." I pointed out and he rolled his eyes before pulling me down to his face and pressing a kiss against my lips. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck, embracing him in a hug. 

"I'll stay the night if you guys want to go back to the hospital." My mom walked in the room, "Are you two..?"

"Definitely not mom." I deadpanned and she squealed and clapped her hands together. "I don't know about him but I'm going to go back soon, if you don't mind." 

"Of course not." She smiled before leaving and shutting the door behind her.

I backed up and sighed, "I'm going to get in the shower real quick, okay?" I said and he nodded. I took a quick shower and wrapped a towel around myself before stepping back into my room. Asher was lounging on my bed, scrolling through something on his phone. 

I opened my drawers and pulled out leggings and a big t-shirt. I'm pretty sure it's one of Stephan's old ones. "You got a tattoo?"

I jumped at Asher's words before nodding. He came up behind me and his fingers traced the 'Elites' symbol that was on my shoulder. "Forever an elite, huh?" He sighed and I nodded. He put his head in the crook of my neck and wrapped his arms around my waist. I sighed as I continued to rummage through my clothes for something for tomorrow.

Asher tilted his head and placed a kiss on my neck. I stopped what I was doing and sighed, "Asher." 

"Yes, princess?" He murmured against my neck as he began to leave a trail of kisses up my jaw. 

"I need to get dressed." I laughed lightly and gently shoved him away.

"I mean, you don't have to." 

I rolled my eyes then walked into the bathroom and quickly got dressed. I walked back into my room and slipped on fuzzy socks and boots before rummaging through the closet for a hoodie. I slipped it on and Asher stood up. I put my clothes in a little back pack and I also grabbed some of the boys' clothes to bring for Harvey to change into. 

"Ready?" Asher asked and I nodded. We walked into the living room where everyone was sitting still.

"You guys going back to the hospital?" Stephan asked and I nodded. "Want me to come with you?" 

"I'm okay." I yawned and he gave me a cocky look. "What?"

"Nice shirt. And hoodie." 

I rolled my eyes and walked over to Damien, Jude, Blake, Carlos and Christian. I gave them each a hug then kissed Carlos' cheek before meeting Asher by the door. 

"Why'd you kiss him?" He asked as we walked outside and I shrugged nonchalantly. "I'm driving, you're too tired. Take a nap." He said and opened the car door for me. 

"Thanks." I murmured and climbed in. He shut the door and I rested my head on my arm against the window as we began to drive. I drifted off to sleep but woke up when we arrived. 

"Here," Asher shook me awake then handed me a large iced coffee. 

"Oh God bless your soul." I moaned as I took a sip of the coffee. We climbed out and gave the car to the valet before making our way inside. 

"We're sorry but visiting hours are over." The secretary said in a monotone. 

"We're his parents." I said and held up my wristband. She nodded and allowed us through to the elevator. The whole ride up, we stood silently as we each sipped our coffee.

The bell dinged and we stepped off then walked down the hall for about a minute till we arrived at his room. The doctor was outside of the room with a clipboard, talking to the nurses. "Is everything okay?" I asked and he nodded.

"Just checking up on his vitals. He's doing incredible. He should be released soon, his internal bleeding has died down." He flashed a smile and I let out a breath of release.

"Do you think he'll be home in time for Christmas?" I asked hopefully and Asher seemed a bit confused at my question. I think he forgot Christmas is next weekend. 

"Yes. Before then." He laughed lightly and I let out a breath of relief, "By Tuesday he'll be out. I do however recommend therapy, for PTSD." I let out a breath and rubbed my forehead. I really want to punch Asher in the face for being the spawn of those devils but I knew it wasn't appropriate. "Don't worry, Ms. Carson. With the right medications and a little bit of therapy, he'll be okay in no time."

"I know it's just that I know what that's like and I-I don't want to see him go through that, you know?" I sighed and he nodded.

"Well, you two go on in." He laughed lightly and walked away. Asher went in first, I quietly followed behind him and his face lit up at the sight of us.

"Hi mommy! Hi dad!" He giggled and I knitted my eyebrows at the sight of ice cream in his hands.

"Finally got your ice cream, huh?" I asked and he nodded with a giggle then offered me some, "No thanks." I smiled at his politeness and he instantly continued to dig in. 

I wrapped my arm around him and pressed a kiss to his forehead.

I never imagined how I would feel in the moments where Harvey was with me, I couldn't imagine this feeling. No matter how hard I tried. 

I smiled up at Asher who was staring at me. I looked back down at Harvey, and I just thought. My family is finally all together. My heart is so full, but why does it feel so empty at the same time?