Back in town// Is ice cream a real thing?

I sat besides Asher in the lobby of the hospital. They got him and instantly brought him here, he's in surgery right now because Asher's dad had attempted to stab him to death before they got him. I bounced my knee anxiously and Asher placed his hand on it and I stopped and looked at him.

"Noah. I'm sorry that I let you down. All these voices in my head get loud, I honestly just wish that I could shut them out but I can't." He said softly, "I guess I'm a disappointment for everyone, my parents, my friends, but for you I'm doing everything I can just because I don't want to make you disappointed."

"Asher..." I started but he cut me off again.

"Let me try this again. Let me love you in ways more than one. Let me tell you the words you need to hear. Let me whisper words of encouragement and sing songs of praise. Let me be the one to tell you can do it. Let me support you on the days that you've doubted yourself. Let me bream with pride that moment you've achieved whatever you've both dreamed and feared." He laughed weakly, "Let me carry some of your burdens.  Tell me what secretly scares you. Tell me your fears— even the pettiest ones. Let me protect you from your own monsters. Let me fight yours even if I'm still scared of mine. Let me hold your hand in hard times, like right now." He grabbed my hand and linked his fingers in mine. "Let me hug you in the cold nights. Let me be the one you see first, the moment you open your eyes, and let my smile lull you to a peaceful lullaby. And when the time comes that you're about to build a future where I'm not a part of..Let me give you your needed space. Let me give you the time away. Let me cut off whatever it is that connects us. Just give me another chance to do this right."

I chewed my bottom lip as I fiddled with his hand in mine. Without even speaking, I finally wrapped my fingers in his and rested my head on his shoulder. He let out a breath of relief and wrapped an arm around me, and kissed my forehead.

"Noah Carson?" The doctor asked and we instantly jumped up and rushed over to the doctor. She gave us a small smile and she placed her hand on my arm, "He's in recovery, and he'll be awake any moment now. You two can go in and see him."

My heart stopped and I nodded. Asher snaked an arm around my waist as we followed the doctor into the hall. She clicked open a door and I let out a shaky breath before stepping in and looking down. This was the first time I've ever laid eyes on him, and I broke down sobbing. Not because of all the tubes and intimidating medical equipment, but because it was my baby, he was here, he was safe, and he was beautiful. I walked over to his side and grabbed his small, frail hand. Whereas Theodore and Gabriel looked more like me, he was a ringer for Asher. They had the same hair, nose, cute little cheeks, eye shape, basically every identical feature. But just like the other two, he was perfect. I sat besides him and kissed his hand and Asher walked to the other side of him, it was clear he was in shock at the sight of Harvey. His eyes burned with pure hate and anger.

He's let his dad get away with a lot of shit in his life. But there's no way in hell he's letting his father get away with this one.

I rubbed circles on Harvey's hand then pressed a kiss against it. Asher stood up and kissed Harvey's forehead. "I'll go let everyone know he's okay." He said before making his way downstairs to where the main waiting room was, where my parents, sisters, sons, Damien, Blake, Jace, Will, Rhiannon, Taylor, Cole, Axel, Stephan and Alexander were waiting.

"Hey baby." I said quietly to him, "I don't know if you remember my voice or not but it's me, it's mommy, Harvey. I'm here now, I finally found you and you're going to be okay. No one will ever hurt you again." I spoke and his hand squeezed mine. I let out a breath with a smile, "When you wake up, you'll get to meet me, your daddy, and your brothers Gabe and Theo. You're a triplet, did you know that?" I asked, "Mommy's a triplet too. My sisters are here waiting to meet you, along with a whole bunch of people waiting to see you."

My hand cupped his face and my thumb ran across his cheek. He's perfect.

Slowly, his eyes began to flutter open. I took in a sharp inhale of breath as he stared up at me, with mirroring green eyes. The only one of my boys with my eyes. I let out a weak laugh and his eyes began to fill with water, "Mommy?"

I nodded and wiped my own tears, "I'm here." I leaned now and pressed a kiss to his cheek and his smile went from ear to ear which brought a smile to my own face. "You're safe now."

"Is ice cream a real thing?" I let out a laugh. This is the first thing this little boy asks, he's just like his mother. His voice was so adorable, it was a little strange because I've gotten so used to hearing the boys' little British accents.