TWENTY

Chapter 20

-----------

-----------

FLORENCE REALLY THOUGHT DAMON WOULDN'T KILL. It's not that she wanted them any good, but when Damon snapped one guy's neck, that shocked her because she hadn't seen him kill.

The men started shooting at him and hit Damon in the shoulder so he stopped moving in his vampire speed as he glared at the man, who shot him.

Tom watched as Damon ripped the shooter's heart out before throwing it down as he breathed heavily at everyone. "Shoot me again, and I'll rip all of your hearts out," he sneered before the remaining men lowered their guns to the ground, seeing that to fight against Damon would be pointless.

Damon glanced at Florence to see her wide eyed as she started at him in fear and bewilderment. "Come here," he told Florence before extending his clean hand out for her to take a step.

The girl was standing close to Tom so she was really cautious to do anything, even if his gun was down. Florence started walking towards Damon as he stared at them, waiting for them to do something which would result in their demise.

When Florence touched Damon's hand, he immediately pulled her behind him, which was already comforting and safe. He groaned slightly from the wound in his shoulder before glaring at the men. "Let's have a slight chat, shall we?" Damon asked smirking sarcastically as Florence peaked at them from Damon's broad shoulder.

Tom took a step forward and nodded his head. "You know, I really don't care about your dirty business here," Damon mused dully so Tom raised his eyebrow. Damon chuckled lowly. "I mean, who does? It's not like I'm the most bright person in the world... I'm not a cop, so that shooting was seriously not necessary."

"Well, you're immortal, and somehow you walk in the daylight," Tom commented as he rested his hands on his hips so Damon narrowed his eyes at him.

"It's evening, the sun's almost gone, but that's not my point, Fabio hair," Damon sassed before shrugging his shoulders. "Sorry for these two. I'm sure they were delightful."

Florence looked down at the dead men and sighed slightly. Damon felt her breath on his neck and his body shivered a little before he focused on Tom. "Yeah, but you see, you still killed them," Tom said seriously as Damon face-palmed him. "And I see you're a fair dude."

"Dude..." Damon whispered to himself, because he wouldn't let anyone call him that. Florence heard that and almost smiled, but the tension was too thick to joke or laugh.

"So... I suppose I have to get some payback for what you did," Tom said leaving Damon surprised as he laughed before pulling Florence behind his back. She glanced up at Damon in confusion.

"Do you hear that?" Damon chuckled as he shook his head. "Do you have any brain inside your head, idiot? I'm much stronger than you, just proved that and you still think I'm gonna make deals with you?"

Tom didn't seem to be frightened and that kind of pissed Damon off. "I'm taking chances," Tom mused so Damon moved towards him but Florence just blocked his way.

"Hey hey," she whispered as his angry look went down to her. "You decided to keep some of them alive, so you want something. What is it?"

Damon then raised his head to the remaining people and rolled his eyes. "I want you to get us outta here, because quite frankly I have no idea where we are," it came out as an order and Tom just nodded. "Or I could just compel you to do my bidding for the rest of your miserable human life."

Damon then rushed over to Tom before looking him in the eye. "Tell me the truth, and only truth, are you on vervain?" Damon asked.

"Damon, he can lie-" Florence began as Damon scoffed lowly.

"I learned when to know if someone's lying or not, you taught me that," he mused dully and then a man behind Tom picked up the gun and shot Florence in the shoulder.

"Ahh!" she yelled before falling down to the send and crying out in pain. Damon sneered lowly as he rushed over to him and snapped his neck, killing him like that but Tom raised his gun and shot Damon in the head, so Damon just collapsed to the ground, dead.

Florence had no idea what happened and when she turned around and saw Damon lying on the ground, a bullet in his head, she thought he was gone. That made Florence's heart break as Tom rushed over to the girl, because he and another one were the only alive ones left. "Is the vampire dead?" the older man questioned curiously as Tom raised a bleeding Florence up.

She started crying from pain she self as she stared at Damon's body. "I have no idea," Tom murmured then noticed Florence's state. "From the bitches cries I suppose he is."

Florence screamed loudly and wanted to push him away but he just knocked her out with the gun's butt.

~~~

FLORENCE WOKE UP SOMEWHERE DARK. She could hear two voices and slowly opened her eyes with an immense pain in her shoulder, where the bullet was still stuck.

Sweat covered her forehead as she coughed so Tom finally noticed she had awaken. They were inside the plane as Florence noticed a bandage placed around her arm to keep it from bleeding, though the blood continued pouring down. "You're awake," he commented dully before Florence saw the older man collecting shit from the passengers that had died.

She glared at Tom as he touched her shoulder causing her to hiss. "Why am I still alive?" Florence questioned lowly as Tom shrugged.

"Cause you're not dead yet," he mused dully, meaning her shoulder that would soon become worse from all the blood loss. "I'll just watch you disappear, sweetie."

He then went back to help his friend as Florence noticed a gun placed on one of the chairs so she slowly stood up, hoping they wouldn't see her doing that.

The two were busy collecting jewelry so Florence almost reached the gun but Tom noticed her and they both threw themselves to get the gun. Florence was quicker as she shot somewhere and the bullet landed into the older man's chest as he fell back.

Tom still didn't let go of the gun as he threw a punch at Florence, but the girl wasn't as weak as he thought. She took the punch to the stomach as a winner and then Tom pushed her out of the door that Damon used to jump up and down from.

Florence knew the land would be painful but before she fell down, she grabbed onto Tom's necklace, breaking it like that and falling down.

"No!" he yelled as if that necklace meant a lot to him. Florence landed on the sand, which wasn't as soft as she remembered and she definitely knew she sprained some parts of her body.

The girl stood up weakly, trying to hold the gun as every single bone in her body was telling her to stop and rest. The necklace in her hand that she ripped from Tom was in her hand as she started to run into the woods.

Without any idea that Damon was indeed alive.

Vote, read, comment.