SEVEN

Chapter 7

-----------

-----------

DAMON STAYED OUTSIDE THE WHOLE NIGHT. He was sitting on the coastline, looking at the moon, probably laughing at his face. No one was willing to find them yet and Damon was losing patience.

Florence was quiet. He didn't hear her cry, but the thought of someone doing such cruel things made him angry. No one deserved to go through it. Though, Damon once did some things to Caroline.

He wasn't proud of them now but Elena and everyone else, except Caroline, had forgotten about it and forgiven. But what Damon needed was forgiveness from the same blonde he had hurt such a long time ago.

When the sun came up, Florence finally decided to slide down. Damon turned to look at her as the art student stood there, not noticing Damon. She hugged herself from the morning cold and started to walk around.

Damon watched her and noticed how beautiful she truly was. Long toned legs, bright blue eyes and those blonde curls. The vampire never thought of any woman like that just Katherine and Elena, and they looked identical to each other.

Florence was different looking and just as equally pretty as his girlfriend he missed a lot. "Hey!" he finally said loudly and Florence's head snapped to his direction. "Slept well?"

The art student just rolled her eyes and continued walking. She felt wrecked after admitting it to a complete stranger that still didn't care. Maybe all she was trying to do was to make him feel sorry for her? To treat her better? It's not like she was nice to him too.

The Salvatore groaned, stood up and started making his way towards her. "I'm not in the mood to talk, Damon," she mused not looking at him, her hands still crossed over her chest. "If you don't want to get punched, I suppose you walk away."

"I can take some punches," Damon joked dryly as they stood near each other, looking at nothing but water. It's been too long. About 4 days, and yet they were still stranded. "I haven't been fair to you."

Florence scoffed and turned her red eyes to look at Damon, who pursed his lips. "Don't start with this crap," she mused dully. "You don't owe me anything and I shall owe you nothing as well. It's not like I care about your life anyway."

And then she walked away.

~~~

"DO YOU KNOW ITALIAN?" Damon asked as they sat in the plane. Florence was looking through the window as Damon decided to do a crossword, which was written in Italian or something like that.

Florence didn't look back as Damon knew she had to go through some wounds to return to her old self. And yet he still tried to cheer her up. "No, I went to French in school," suddenly she answered as Damon looked at her in surprise. "Yet, all I remember are Bonjour and Je t'aime, which means--"

"I know what Je t'aime means," Damon cut her off with a grumble so Florence just nodded her head and continued staring through the window. "It's beautiful outside, why don't you go for a swim?"

The girl turned to look at him unamused then took her sweater off. It was hot inside and she truly thought about the possibility of going for a swim. "Fine," she mused, stood up and started making her way towards her luggage. "I need to change, so..."

"Oh, I think I'm fine here," Damon smirked and she sighed before taking her shirt off. That surprised Damon but he looked away, trying not to peak.

Florence looked at the vampire, pretending to read Italian crossword and smiled slightly before changing into a simple black swimsuit. She wrapped a towel around her and Damon finally looked up.

"You're staying here?" she asked as she saw how dark his eyes got. Florence knew he was seriously hungry, and for some reason, she was willing to give him some blood, just not yet.

Damon just nodded so she slid down the fun slide and took the towel off. The water was warm as she thought so Florence started going deeper until the water reached her neck.

She sunk down as Damon watched through the window. He felt kind of glad she decided to go and do something refreshing. He would've joined even if not that stupid ring he was so scared to lose.

It was minutes and Florence wasn't going back to the surface. Damon furrowed his eyebrows and went outside while using his vampire speed. "Florence," he said loudly and then she emerged from the water like a mermaid.

"What?" she asked with raised hands, water dripping down her as Damon stood on the shore. "You know, if you're gonna stare at me, might as well just join me! The water's fine."

The vampire thought about it then touched his ring as Florence noticed that. "You're not gonna lose it. It's not like this ring is made of paper," she commented and then Damon started to unbutton his shirt.

Florence smirked slightly then started swimming around. Soon Damon joined as they swam around, the vampire making sure his ring was in place. "I fell in love with my brother's girl," he suddenly said and she looked at him in surprise. "I do owe you my crappy life's explanation. Her name is Elena, and she used to date my younger vampire brother Stefan. Before that, in 1864 I met a girl named Katherine, who was a vampire. Guess who she looked like?" he asked as they stood in the water facing each other. "You guessed it, she looked just like Elena. Doppelgängers... Man, my life is worth a 10 hour movie."

"Where is Elena now?" Florence asked as she placed her hair behind her ears. "I mean, you were flying to Hawaii alone."

Damon nodded his head. "She's in magical coma and her life is connected to a witch named Bon Bon," he said and Florence laughed. She finally laughed and Damon felt better already. "What? I'm not making this all up, I am one hundred percent serious."

"I believe you," Florence nodded as she started going back to the shore. "If vampires exist, witches should be everywhere."

"They are, unfortunately," he grumbled and Florence laughed gleefully as Damon smiled to himself.

Maybe she wasn't this bad, and maybe he underrated her a little too much.

Vote, read, comment.