FIVE

Chapter 5

-----------

-----------

"I AM SO DONE BRINGING YOU OUT EVERY TIME YOU WANT," Damon started as he looked at Florence, who was standing at the doorway, looking down.

The art student scoffed then narrowed her eyes. "Oh yeah? And how are you gonna do this? Make me stairs?" she grinned sarcastically.

Damon rolled his eyes as he started walking around the plane. "There's gotta be an emergency exit, the one you slide down," he commented and Florence pursed her lips, actually enjoying that idea. "Okay."

She watched him walk around with an intrigued face. Damon noticed that and smirked to himself. "Am I supposed to be looking by myself?" he asked loud and clear.

Florence just nodded and they both started looking around, Damon trying not to stare at her ass that the shorts just covered. It's been a time he had someone rather than Elena and it's not like Florence wasn't hot.

The blonde girl resembled Caroline and Elena at the same time. It got confusing to Damon as he just shook his head and finally found it.

"Damn!" Florence smirked as Damon opened the emergency door and huge yellow slide emerged down, leaving her a path down.

"See? I am smart," Damon smirked dully as she walked past him and decided to sit down.

"How will I get up?" she asked but he just pushed her down. Florence started to scream as she landed on the sand, feeling immense pain in her leg. "Ass."

Damon just smirked in satisfaction and slid down without any effort before standing next to her. "What now?" the art student questioned curiously as Damon gave her a knowing look. "We try to find some civilization?"

"Ding ding ding," he exclaimed while rolling his eyes expressively. "I already checked twice! It's nothing but trees and buzzing animals..."

"And snakes," Florence added with a grumble as the vampire nudged her side. "What?" Florence asked tiredly.

"Show me your wrist," he demanded and she slowly raised it up. "Still not trusting, I see--"

"Do you trust me?" Florence questioned back with demanding eyes for an answer. Damon stared at her and she saw his icy blue eyes narrow. It became dangerous as if he was reading her through.

That made the girl feel nervous. "Should I?" he asked curiously and Florence tried not to break eye contact. He felt genuine about her, and didn't know her big lie. She knew it would mean her end if he found out.

Florence slowly nodded as it was their first serious conversation with no sarcasm or smirks. "Then you can trust me," he added and Florence hated how she felt guilty. She lied but he didn't seem to notice as he looked at her quickly healing wrist. "Hmm, interesting. My blood was still in your system so it healed this bite."

"What?" Florence asked as she looked down at it to see nothing. No blood, no bite marks. She smiled in fascination then tried to clear her throat. "Let's just go somewhere. It's getting broody."

Damon remembered Stefan and smiled to himself. He missed his brother and would've even hugged him if he had a chance to escape the island.

Florence started making her way into the woods. "It's a good thing I vaccinated from all the exotic bugs," she commented with a small frown as Damon followed suit into the wilderness.

~~~

FLORENCE WAS TRYING TO KEEP THE BUGS AWAY AS THEY FOUND A SMALL ROAD ALONG A SMALL RIVER. "Is it drinkable?" Florence asked as she watched Damon bent down and smell it.

He scrunched his nose then turned to look at the blonde. "Do you wanna try this yellow looking water? Maybe get some disease that even my blood won't cure?" he questioned sarcastically as Florence closed her mouth and continued walking.

Damon felt the difference in her attitude. She wasn't snarky with him and he wondered whether it had to do with their little trust game. "Let's play a game," he started.

Florence gave him and odd look as Damon moved a branch out of the way as they walked. She crossed her arms over her chest. "What game?"

The vampire tried to hide a smirk as Florence shook her head. "I'm not sleeping with you," she stated as Damon scoffed loudly.

"Who's talking about sex?" he asked as Florence shrugged, not feeling embarrassed at all. Damon stopped in front of her with an intrigued face as a small grin appeared on his features. "Wait? You think I want to sleep with you?"

"What about that butt staring contest you held with yourself?" she raised her eyebrow and Damon looked at her in amusement.

"I'd say feelings are mutual, honey, but they're not so," he mused so she started to walk again. Damon sighed and followed as they started making their way back to the plane.

"Were you always this mean?" Florence then asked stopping once again as Damon rolled his eyes. "I mean, you're moody, which, I believe, is a part of being a vampire... Also, you're sad."

"I'm not sad," Damon said and that sounded exactly like he was. Florence breathed out as she saw a bug on the leaf and pulled her hand away. "I thought you're an art student, not a physiatrist."

Florence knew she heard that thing before and laughed. Damon smiled slightly as they both grinned at that and came back towards their plane. "I'm not, you're right," the girl nodded her head as the sun continued making their skin feel hot. "But I draw people, I know what emotion as sadness looks like."

Damon rolled his eyes as Florence started going up the slide, trying not to slide down as he watched her.

The art student then turned her head back at him and raised her eyebrow up. "Do you wanna play some stupid game you suggested a few minutes ago?" she asked and he couldn't understand what changed her mind. "We have alcohol. I think with few shots of that, I'm ready to play some twisted game you, vampires, play."

She then turned back and climbed up the slide, feeling proud of achieving that. Damon just nodded his head and jumped up.

"Fine. Let's play this stupid game."

Vote, read, comment.