EIGHT

Chapter 8

-----------

-----------

DAMON WAS SCARED TO ASK HER. Florence noticed his longing eyes and knew he wanted to drink some blood. The problem was that she didn't want to give it.

Florence still kept the vervain hidden, feeling more and more guilty of doing so. She knew that he was never going to compel her, so she would've had to act somehow. Maybe even give him some blood.

The two were sitting on the plane, eating. "Why are you eating food?" the girl asked him as she chewed on a little old croissant.

Damon snickered as he took a huge bite of his bagel. "Since I'm not available to have my main food source, I have to get some of human food," he commented with a grumble as Florence looked down for a while.

It was late outside as small emergency lights were still working on the plane. "You are feeding..." Florence mused the obvious as the vampire proceeded to roll his eyes. "You feast on animals!"

"Which gives me zero strength. Every time I lift something up, I feel like a human being," he argued angrily so the girl just stared at him. "Why don't you just give me some of your blood so I could be a little more decent looking."

Damon was right after all. His face was a little pale since he wasn't used to feeding on animals for so long. His strength had decreased and he felt like his younger brother. "Can't. Vervain," Florence shrugged.

The icy blue eyed vampire just mused as he continued eating such a simple bagel. He imagined blood on it and vamped out slightly. "Whoah, what was that?" she asked alarmed and Damon just shook his head.

She opened her mouth up to speak but then closed it as they went to sleep. Florence felt like she could trust Damon since he didn't force her to give him blood anymore.

After her confession he just changed. Maybe that was for the better.

~~~

FLORENCE DREAMT HER MOTHER AND HER STEP-FATHER ARGUING. She was about 16 and when she heard her mother screaming for help, the girl didn't leave her room.

All because she was scared. "HELP! FLORENCE!" Carla yelled inhumanly as Florence had her back pressed on the door, sobbing loudly as loud thuds were heard downstairs.

"Florence, Florence," she opened her eyes to see Damon's raised eyebrows. He had his hand placed on her shoulder and for a moment Florence liked it a little too much.

She rose up, the blanket slowly dropping down, exposing her neck that Damon tried not to stare at. "What-- what time is it?" Florence mused sleepily.

Damon didn't answer. He went inside her head and saw her dream. Damn, he tried to get inside her head to make the dream better, but Florence was strong. Strong and broken, she didn't want to get controlled in her dream. Even if it was a nightmare.

"Right. Like we know," she sighed and stood up before noticing that another storm outside was happening.

It was raining heavily and instead of sun she saw dark clouds with lighting somewhere far. "Guess, we're staying inside today," Florence spoke once again as that thought scared her.

Damon was hungry and it was just moments time until he'd snap. Even if so far he was showing a very good self-control. "Listen, um," she began but Damon had walked away from her and into the storm.

The art student widened her eyes as she rushed over to the door to see him walking into the woods. "Damon, there's a storm! You can't go there," she yelled but he didn't listen. "Fine, your call."

She sighed then came back to her seat. Florence knew it was an early morning, but it didn't seem like it outside.

Walking over to her luggage, Florence took her sketchpad out and opened it. It's been a time she draw anything at all, and missed that feeling.

Taking a pencil she started drawing something. It soon looked like a face with a sculptured jaw, and Florence stopped. Why was she drawing Damon out of all the sudden?

Sure, he was pretty hot and Florence could only imagine what it felt like being loved by him. She knew his girlfriend was in some magical coma and soon came to a conclusion that maybe that's why Damon was so mean.

Because as a vampire, he wasn't the worst. He could've killed her, fed from her without permission just to test if she had vervain. Even if he did that in the beginning, he was different when she learned stuff about him.

And Florence had to admit she liked him. He was fun and mean without thinking, but mostly, he seemed to care. Especially when she so accidentally told him her biggest secret ever that only a few friends knew.

Florence looked down at the paper to see Damon's face. It looked good as she smiled then closed the notebook, praying that Damon wouldn't decide to take a peak at it.

A thunder occurred nearby causing Florence to widen her eyes. She looked through the small plane's window to see waves hitting the plane's wing. "Oh come on," she mused wanting for the mighty vampire to come back.

Though Damon's hunting trips could've last for four hours or even more. Another thing happened making Florence widen her eyes even more. "Oh my God," she trailed off seeing headlights up in the air.

It was a plane. Flying somewhere up the storm. Florence didn't know what to do. Maybe shout for Damon, or to find something to get the plane's attention.

She rushed over to the emergency kit and started rummaging through it. Florence found a flashlight and nothing else but medical stuff.

Groaning, she kicked it away while grabbing a flashlight and decided to slide down into the pouring rain. It was harsh and Florence covered her eyes and turned the flashlight on. She knew no one would hear her. "DAMON!" she decided to shout instead as she flashed it around.

The plane continued to move away, not noticing the crashed one down on an island, because of the storm. "You son of a bitch!" Florence sneered then decided to walk into the woods to find a man that wasted their chance at getting out.

Vote, read, comment.