THIRTEEN

Chapter 13

-----------

-----------

DAMON WOKE UP TO SMELL FLORENCE'S HAIR AS HIS CHIN RESTED ON HER HEAD. He groaned lowly before moving away from her so Florence woke up as well. She saw in what position they were lying so she quickly stood up and then headache kicked in. "Ah..."

"Don't drink anymore please," Damon suggested dully before standing up himself as he decided to stretch. "Blood time!"

Florence sighed. "You want some hungover blood? Sure!" she exclaimed sarcastically so Damon walked over to her and grabbed another wrist that he hadn't drank from before. He looked at her, waiting for permission so she nodded and he bit into her wrist softly.

The art student breathed in as she felt blood pump up as he drank. His face changed as he drank and she stared at it again. Sharing blood felt personal to her, and somehow she wanted to repeat that over and over again.

Damon then pulled away but Florence wasn't quick to retrieve her hand. She stared at his bloody lips and eyes full of emotions before wiping off the blood from the corner of his lip.

When her fingers came into contact with his skin, Damon shivered. Her blue eyes narrowed slightly as she tried to clean everything off before he slowly let go of her hand. "We have to start doing something," he finally spoke and Florence looked at the bite marks, not even covering them.

"Mhm."

Damon saw the look on her face so he just handed her a bottle of water. "Drink. It'll make you hydrated," he commented so she grabbed the bottle before taking a sip of it. Her head felt dizzy from the alcohol and blood loss, but nothing couldn't be fixed. "Come on, duty calls."

Florence followed him out as they both slid down and landed on the hot sand. She took her shoes off before looking up at the sunny sky. "You'd think it's a 21st century," Damon started as he started making his way towards a palm tree. "But the radio's busted, and quite frankly we both suck at fixing it. So, Florence, here's a little riddle... What do you we do if we can't radio message someone?"

Florence approached him before chuckling. "We do it the old way," she commented with a small smirk as Damon smirked as well.

They used all of the flares the first night, actually it was Damon, who did that, so all they had left was themselves and a thought that someone would actually find them. "Correct," Damon nodded before he pointed a hand to the palm tree. "So? What message do we do? Help? SOS? Help, Florence is killing me?"

At the last statement Florence rolled her eyes in annoyance so Damon chuckled before taking his jacket off and throwing it to Florence. She caught it and he jumped up into the tree.

The material of his jacket made Florence squeeze it and it was soft for leather. "Where did you get this jacket?" she asked before putting it on and taking the hair out.

Damon saw that and it made him feel many feelings. "Stole from a rockstar in the 70's?" she teased spinning around in the much bigger jacket.

"I'll steal your M&M's that you're hiding if you don't take it off," Damon told her loudly as he started breaking the leaves of the palm tree. They started falling down and when Florence tried to pick one up, it was heavier than she thought.

"Let's play Never Have I Ever?" Florence asked him as he broke a whole branch of leaves and it fell down near Florence. "Unless you want to kill me..."

Damon jumped down easily and breathed out before extending his arm for his jacket that so resting on Florence so well. She sighed, took it off and handed it back to the vampire. "Sure, I'm up for games," he said and the two started to work in building a huge HELP sign. "Never have I ever stolen anything that didn't belong to me."

"Obviously," she scoffed so Damon wiggled his eyebrows with a cheeky smile. "What do I have to do? What's the punishment? And don't tell me it's drinking, cause I am done with that."

"Stripping," he chuckled and she grimaced with a sarcastic laugh before shaking her head. "Then what's the point of playing if you don't wanna drink, don't wanna strip..."

Florence helped him finish letter H as Damon stopped and took a small pause. "Talking of drinks, fetch me some bourbon."

"Fetch? Am I a dog?" she asked angrily so Damon looked at her with a pleading look. Rolling her eyes, Florence turned around before returning to the plane.

She opened up one cabinet and saw that they had two remaining bottles of alcohol. Florence knew she could live without it, but Damon... He was another story.

Florence grabbed the bottle before walking outside to see Damon finishing the whole cry for help thing. She widened her eyes as she watched him move with vampire speed. "Drink?" she raised the bottle up and he stopped before nodding and snatching the bottle. "Ease up on the drinking. We have only one bottle remaining."

Damon didn't listen as he finished half the bottle. "As long as I have blood, I'm fine," he commented dully before handing her it back.

"Thanks for finishing it," she commented with a sharp nod as Damon glanced at the blonde. "It's a good thing you know how to spell. Imagine you spelling HEP!"

Florence laughed gleefully as he rolled his eyes, trying not to smile because of the teasing. "HEP us! I can't spell!"

"Shut it or—"

"Or you'll what?" Florence challenged with a loud chuckle as they stared at each other in amusement. Damon raised his eyebrows so Florence stopped talking. "Hep..."

Damon quickly picked her up and threw her over his shoulder. "Ahh!" she shouted with a laugh, dropping the bourbon bottle down and the alcohol spilled into the sand. "The alcohol, Damon!"

The vampire just laughed as he ran into the water until it reached his knees. "Don't!" Florence warned as she couldn't stop feeling happy. He lowered her down but didn't let go her just yet as he wrapped his arms around her legs and waist. "Damon," Florence chuckled as he smirked then threw her into the water.

When she emerged from the water, Damon was already out of it, walking towards the bottle to see what was left of it. "I'm gonna steal your daylight ring!" she shouted after as she shook her head with a smile.

Something was happening and it definitely felt right.

Vote, read, comment.