TEN

Chapter 10

------------

-----------

AFTER TAKING THE MUCH NEEDED SWIM, FLORENCE FELT A BIT CLEANER. The rain had stopped and sun was starting to shine through the clouds letting Florence breathe out a huge sigh of relief and come back to the plane.

She saw Damon waiting for her patiently before rolling her eyes. "You look clean," Damon praised with an over excited look on his face that made Florence smile slightly as she was looking away.

Damon smiled too as he walked over to the cups and picked one up before coming back. "You want to drip or am I supposed to drink it from the vein?" he asked weirdly and Florence sighed before turning to face him.

"You're really excited, aren't you?" she questioned with a look on her face as Damon smirked widely.

Florence then started making her way to Damon. She grabbed the cup so he just grimaced slightly. Sure, Damon preferred drinking straight from the warm vein, but it was a miracle Florence was even suggesting that.

But the girl didn't go straight to giving him her blood. She grabbed a bottle of alcohol before pouring some of it into the cup. Damon watched her down all the liquid inside before narrowing his eyes impatiently.

Florence began to pour another cup of alcohol before pausing and scrunching and throwing it away. She went to drink straight from the bottle before sitting down.

Damon just raised his eyebrows while Florence gave him a playful look before drinking once more. "I don't want my blood dripping down to some cup while it hurts. You drink from my vein, and we forget about it for a while, okay?" she questioned him and Damon smirked before approaching her confidently.

"Give me your wrist then," he ordered. He was so relieved and happy to be finally drinking human blood again. Florence just narrowed her eyes. "I won't rip you. I'm good at self control."

"I don't doubt that, but I've been bit by you before," she commented with an eye roll. Damon just shrugged, not understanding. "You bit like hell! It hurts, you know!"

Damon rolled his icy blue eyes that Florence was becoming to grow to. "That's because I wanted to kill you. I can be... soft. Why are we even having this talk? Just give me some blood!"

"Don't get too cocky," Florence commented while pointing her finger at him. Damon just grabbed her hand and she stood up with a bored face. "Okay... Just get it over with."

Damon nodded while his eyes traveled down to her wrist. He extended his fangs while Florence watched with some kind of admiration. She wasn't scared of his veins under his eyes nor the darkness in his eyes.

She didn't even feel when he bit her because she was entranced in his face. Damon drank her blood and all she could think of was how beautiful, in a very dramatic way he was.

Her blood tasted better than before. Maybe it was because he hadn't had human blood in four days, or the fact that he actually knew Florence now. Either way, her blood was not bitter as many other human's. It was sweet even.

"I think that's enough for tonight?" Florence asked clearing her throat when they both finally came back to reality.

Damon had his left hand wrapped around her waist protectively and Florence noticed that just after a couple of minutes.

He took his fangs out before quickly pulling away. Florence's cheeks blushed like never as she turned her back on him.

Damon wiped his mouth before his face came back to its normal self. "Was it enough?" she asked looking at the fang marks. Some blood still dripped from the wound but it didn't hurt as much.

More than enough, Damon knew that. When he was kept in a cell by Stefan, he had just a few ounces of it. And that still made him go, so a normal dose of blood from Florence already felt like he could lift the plane up. "Sure," he commented, not letting his real appreciation come out.

"Sure," Florence rolled her eyes then went to cover her wrist. She took out some bandages from the first aid kit and applied it on her hand.

"I feel great! I feel like I could start this plane!" Damon exclaimed as he started walking around.

Florence raised her eyebrows in confusion. "If I knew you'd get this wasted, I wouldn't have given you my blood for sure," she mused under her breath as Damon heard that.

"I'm not wasted, I'm just want to do something," he answered annoyed. Florence scoffed before laughing. She started to laugh louder.

At first Damon held an annoyed face, but then after Florence couldn't stop laughing, a small smile appeared on his face. "What do you wanna do? Show me your salsa moves? Bake a gorgeous sand cake?"

"Hilarious," Damon said with a smile as they stared at each other for a second before taking their looks to different directions. "We're gonna go and look around the island once again, hm?"

Florence furrowed her eyebrows. "I thought—"

"Well, I didn't. I was lazy to rummage through it all. Who knows, maybe we'll find some treasure like in one of Indiana Jones movies?" he asked with a shrug as Florence snickered before shrugging too.

"Fine. We can do this rummaging or whatever," she commented before a ray of sunshine hit her directly on the face. Florence's eyes squinted before she looked through it to see sun shining in the sky once again. "About time, hm?"

Damon walked over to her before musing. "Yeah."

Vote, read, comment.