55.

Yay! It's finally happening

Yay! It's finally happening. This is their engagement though. 

NOORIE'S P.O.V

Greenery garlands covering the high ceiling revealed rattan chandeliers suspended in equal length, giving the hall the ever-present touch of nature. Hexagon bulbs in the airy structures lit the room in a warm glow.

The meandering path to the stage was covered with raffia mats, borders of which were outlined with fronds of pampas grasses and baby's breath. The décor blended effortlessly with the lush backdrop at the stage. Behind a row of potted tropical plants was a white background that looked utterly serene. The arched chuppah decked out in pretty floral and grassy foliage was added to the display to give the statement of an enchanted forest.

What surprised me a bit because it had come out well despite it being my idea was the square layout of the tables and chairs which included an extra layer of detail to the ceremony site. It made the ceremony more informal and grander.

My eyes fell on the dried pampas grasses of large sizes elevated by tall rustic gold stands which drew attention to the table. At the foot of the stands were fascinating blends of orchids, ochre roses, white anthurium and little dried palm leaves for a calm and dusky aesthetic. Complementing the floral arrangement were short glass votives of beige pillar candles that bathed the table in amber luminosity creating a welcoming setting for the guests to unwind.

The hall was a breath-taking view of gorgeous greenery signifying prosperity, nature, novelty and all that is good. The vibe was romantic, mystical and surreal.

Sheryl laughed out at my cry of joy and realization. I threw myself into her arms, delighted and satisfied at what she had done. Anyone would pause when they enter the venue which was a white marquee at the backyard of my father's house. Sheryl began the decoration two days ago and had taken her time in doing it.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much!" I expressed my gratitude with my hands fastening hers, touched by how she had poured her heart and soul into beautifying it. It was everything I wanted and envisioned it to be.

Sheryl laughed. "Come on. It is my job. I am glad you like it."

"Like? I love it!" I screamed. We dissolved into a hearty laughter again.

Someone came to inform me about the arrival of the makeup artist. I had to rush back inside. Our house was busy with my family members who had come from near and far to celebrate the happy occasion with me. The person's presence that meant a lot was Aunt Joju's presence. She is my mother's cousin and they were as close as sisters could be.

"I love your skin. You have a spotless skin." The makeup artist, Zainab, recommended by Ejiro, commended as she removed the hydrating sheet from my face.

"Thank you." I smiled with gratitude, finding a comfortable position in the makeup artist's chair.

Yes, I have a faultless skin naturally. But the extra care it had been given had made it better. Big Mummy had booked a month session of gyaran jiki with a woman from the north who owns a traditional spa in Lagos. Her daughters-in-law had gyaran jiki done before they got married. Big Mummy explained she had known about it when she lived in the north. She had a friend who did gyaran jiki a month before she got married. The result was a glowing, smooth and flawless skin. I saw those on mine too even though I had reduced the session to two weeks. I was too busy to have it for a month.