Day Nine: About you

Day Nine: About you: An interesting fact for every year you've lived, and 5 words to describe yourself and why?

19 super cool (and totally uninteresting) facts about me, Francesca. So this is going to be completely honest, 19 things, things I like and hate about myself as a person, and then of course, the 5 words I use to describe myself best.

Eins: I am an apology whore, yes, I said it, and I’m a self confessed apology whore. It’s like every little thing that I feel bad about, I must apologise for doing it or whatever, call me a weird bitch for saying sorry too many times, but the fact that people say, the more you say sorry, the more it loses its meaning, is completely untrue when it comes to me.

Zwei: I can have multiple personality disorders, or be majorly bipolar. Not literally, like I don’t have medication for it or anything, but to people close to me, they notice I do change personalities sometimes. I guess it depends on my mood or whatever, but I guess it’s quite unexpected to some.

Drei: Food is my passion. I love it, baking, cooking, anything to do with food. It’s a way to relax and keep busy, an escape so to say when things get busy and way out of hand. Not to mention the rewarding feeling of stuffing your face or licking the chocolate cake mixture off the bowl after spending time making an effort to make something delish.

Vier: I’m a major sports nut. Not many people would expect that, from me at least. I mean who would expect this seemingly girly girl chick to be a sports nut? I guess I have my dear father to blame it on. I love sport, anything to do with sport, I mean what’s not to love? You get majorly happy after a training session and it keeps you healthy, need I say more?

Funf: I LOVE animals. It’s like a guilty pleasure of mine to be near animals, and no I am not some animal rapist. I mean what’s wrong with liking animals? They’re all so damn cute, and I swear, if I could, I would build and ark and get two of each animal on earth, and go all Dr Dolittle on them. A girl can dream right?

Sechs: This is pretty disgraceful but, I never knew how to swallow pills until like last year. I know, how in the world did I survive 18 years of not knowing how to swallow pills? Don’t ask me, I honestly don’t know, let’s just say I hid a lot of pills under my pillow and threw a lot of them out.

Sieben: I have a pretty weird background, and by background, I mean my family tree. This is going to get confusing now, so I apologise. So basically, my Mum is half Filipino and half Aussie, then my Dad is Spanish, but was born and raised here. Then if you keep going back, I’m pretty sure I have some Brazilian and Thai heritage too. And yet, I’m an Aussie. It’s weird huh?

Acht: I’m a perfectionist. Most people wouldn’t expect it, but yeah I am. It’s kind of a secret, but I guess that failed, because by reading this, you now know my secret, let’s keep it between us, no? Anyways yeah I guess it can classify as OCD but, you know, you can’t blame a girl for wanting things to be nice and neat right?

Neun: I never ever judge people. I guess it’s a good thing right? Although I’ve been told it can be a bad thing sometimes, but I personally think everyone deserves a second chance no matter what. They can screw up once, but do it again and that chance is gone. People shouldn’t be judged on one bad mistake in their lives, they shouldn’t be defined by it, they should be able to have the chance to be themselves and make their mark without the judging by others. And so that’s why I don’t judge.

Zehn: I’m a nerd, yes I admit it, I, Francesca, am a nerd. A completely huge and utter nerd, some of you may think that’s sad, but you know what? It’s my way of being me. I mean who can honestly say they’ve never dreamed of having some kickass superpowers? Or being able to have an alias, be two people at once, you know, like Batman. I mean I think it’d be pretty damn amazeballs to live life like that, it’d be hard, but hey, what’s life without some obstacles?

Elf: I tend to ramble on a lot, as you can probably tell. So really this should have been a short 19 line chapter, but no, I’ve managed to kind of more than triple that probably. It can be annoying, my rambling, but it’s not going to stop anytime soon.

Zwolf: I am extremely stubborn, like majorly stubborn. I don’t know why, but I cannot just let someone win, and I don’t back down easily. Yes it sounds bitchy, but I take pride in the fact that I stand up for myself and my beliefs, so if you’re not up to being beat back down on your ass, or being challenged, then I’m sorry!

Dreizehn: Music tends to help me clear my head, it’s another passion of mine. I don’t really play an instrument properly, but why not randomly mess around with them and make your own beats and notes? I like to keep things real, my music needs to sound real to me, I’m not saying I hate those pop songs and stuff, but they just don’t strike a chord with me. I need to hear their voice properly, I need to hear every note the instruments play, it’s what makes good music for me, and most importantly, the vocals and the lyrics need to be emotive, or evoke imagery in my mind.

Vierzehn: Keep it simple stupid. I like to keep things simple, I’m not into the whole fireworks and massive birthday cake parties or anything, nor am I into parties in general, honestly it’s more drama than I’m interested in. Saturdays at the park playing footy and having a picnic at the beach does it for me. Enough said right?

Funfzehn: I’m totally obsessed with oversized shirts and skinny jeans. I mean that sounds so hobo-ish of me, but hey! What can I say? Skinny jeans, oversized tee, wayfarers and a good pair of thongs are the best outfit in the world, the best thing? You can have bedhair with it and still look good.

Sechzehn: No matter what anyone says, I AM NOT INNOCENT. There’s a particularly group of people who like to rub in my face the fact that I am ‘innocent’, let me tell you now, I am NOT an innocent person. I can have my moments, but I am definitely not innocent.

Siebzehn: I keep things real, I keep things honest. It’s just how I am I guess, why tell people what they want to hear, when you can actually help them out by telling them the truth, right? I mean sure I sugarcoat things, but you’ve got to break it to them softly right?

Achtzehn: I used to have this lame wish to be a wizard, like in Harry Potter. Come to think of it, I still have that dream. I’m a Potterhead at heart, don’t diss me, that stuff was my childhood. Along with the classic Disney movies, I mean don’t you just love feeling a sense of nostalgia when you re-read the Potter books and watch them or even watch the classic Disney flicks? I know I do.

Neunzehn (even though I’m not actually 19 yet, but I figure why not put this one up anyways right?): My favourite animal is a sparrow. My favourite colour is green or teal. My favourite food is Portuguese chilli chicken, or peri peri chips, pretty much anything from Nandos. My favourite sports teams are the Brisbane Broncos and the Queensland Reds. My favourite sport is athletics. My hobbies include, reading, writing, and cooking and eating, and of course listening to music, painting and sketching.

Five words I use to describe myself and why:

Carefree- I like to think I’m a carefree person, I mean, sometimes I have my moments when I’m not, but I generally can be very carefree and be very impulsive.

Optimistic- Why focus on the darkness of the sunset, when you know there’s light and beauty staring you in the face? I mean I look at it as the glass half full, and to be honest, if you think you can do something, what’s stopping you from doing it right?

Artistic- I like to think of myself as artistic, it’s a good way to express emotions and it’s a natural way to show beauty, whether it’s by using words, paint, pencil, or using musical notes and beats. Art is an expression and an imprint of you.

Stubborn- I am a stubborn person, and I never back down from an argument, it’s just who I am, I’ve been told I’m a little spitball of fire waiting to explode sometimes, I beg to differ.

Passionate- Why do things if you’re not passionate about it? To be honest, if you don’t love something then why do it in the first place? I’m a passionate person, whether it comes to people, art, writing, cooking, anything really, if I believe in something and feel something strongly for it, I’ll do anything to stand up for it or whatnot.