Part 34

Harry's POV:

I shrug on my blazer and walk over to look in the mirror, finally ready for this charity ball. Now all that's left is the tie. I take the black material in my hands and sling it behind my neck, running a hand through my hair in a nervous gesture as I stare at my own reflection.

I'm not good at these types of things; dances, dates, parties, any of that stuff. I might seem comfortable to everyone else but that's because I'm good at concealing my emotions. I'm dead terrified of what will happen tonight. 

"Hey Harry, have you seen my-" Lucy's voice makes me turn my head, however she stops talking once I do and I stop breathing.

She looks stunning. I mentally pat myself on the back for the dress I picked out. It hugs her curves perfectly and looks absolutely gorgeous on her, but nothing can compare to Lucy's natural, pure beauty. My breath literally catches in my throat and I can't tear my eyes away from my beautiful girlfriend. I find myself wondering how in the hell I got so lucky. I am the luckiest man on the damn planet. 

"Wow," we say at the same time, causing us both to crack a smile. My feel move before my mouth does and before either of us know it, she's in my arms. Lucy returns my embrace and hugs me tightly while I bury my face in her apple-smelling hair. I just breathe her in, grateful for everything we have.

"You look very sexy, Styles," she says with a smirk once I let go of her. Damn her for making me blush. 

"So do you, m'lady," I reply, grabbing her waist and dipping her down so only my arms are supporting her from falling to the floor. She gasps in surprise before I lean down and press my lips firmly to hers, savoring her sweet kiss. 

"We're going to be late if we keep this up," Lucy murmurs against my lips, gripping my arms for support as she's suspended above the ground. 

"That's perfectly okay," I whisper, nuzzling my nose with her's as she giggles. She is right, we should probably get going, so I lift her back to her feet and give her one more peck on the lips before intertwining our fingers and leading her out to the door.

While she steps into some heels, I admire her like I often catch myself doing. She's incredibly beautiful, no doubt about it, but that's not even what draws me to her. She just makes me happy and I admire her for how she cares for others and tries her best to make everyone feel welcome. Although sometimes that can lead to bad things, like what happened with Jess and Marcus. Just thinking about those two sends a wave of rage and protectiveness through me. I can't believe what either of them did, it just makes me sick. 

Instead of letting those two assholes ruin my mood, I focus on Lucy's lips and how they move so smoothly when she speaks. I focus on how soft they feel pressed against my own and soon I am back to my cheerful mood. 

-

"Lucy!" a somewhat familiar voice calls, and I spin around to see Ariana Grande hurrying over to me dressed in a sleeveless beige dress that barely skims the floor. She looks stunning. Harry's fingers grip mine tightly and I subconsciously lean into his side. 

"Hello, Ariana," I greet her with a one-armed hug. She smiles and greets Harry as he does the same.

"So, how have you been?" Ariana asks, taking my free hand and leading us over to an empty table.

"Great," I reply with a smile. "I heard about your new album, how is that coming?"

This seems to excite her because for the next ten minutes she is rambling on about her new album. I am so glad I was able to become friends with these people and actually get to know them. Although their faces might be on magazines and album covers, they are just like the rest of us.