Part 29

(A/N): Hey! So, just in case anyone was wondering, I picture the characters as:

Lucy: Shailene Woodley

Jess: Julianne Hough (in Safe Haven)

Marcus: Chace Crawford

Connor: Connor Franta

Gabe: Joe Jonas

Charlie: Timothy Olyphant 

You guys can picture them however you want! Thank you for reading, it really means a lot to me. I hope you enjoy the story!

December 1st

Jess's POV:

"Babe, come here," Marcus orders, motioning for me to sit with him on the couch. I smile at the sound of his voice and start walking towards him.

"So, tell me about Lucy again," he says once I am seated next to him on the couch. Jealousy springs up inside me. Marcus is always asking about Lucy, though he claims he has no interest in her. He always wants to know her weaknesses, her fears, what she likes, who her friends are. The thought has crossed my mind that maybe Lucy is interested in Marcus, and that just fuels the fire that is my jealousy. Marcus is mine. Lucy has her own boyfriend, that little bitch is just thirsty and can't get enough. 

I haven't answered any of her calls since she hung up on me on Thanksgiving when I told her about Marcus and I dating. I thought she'd be happy for me, but she just hung up. This is what brought on my suspicion that maybe she likes Marcus. My thoughts were confirmed when Marcus told me that she was drooling over him and flirting constantly when he went to visit his brother, Connor. He also told me that his brother lives in the same apartment complex as Lucy and that's how they ran into each other. 

My resentment for Lucy grows with each day that passes. I thought she was my friend, but she basically ditched me for her boyfriend and his friends. And then as if it isn't enough, she tries to steal my boyfriend. I am so sick of her and how she thinks she can do whatever she wants now. I liked her so much better when she wasn't dating Harry Styles. I actually feel sorry for Harry because he has to put up with that little snob.

"Ugh, why do you always want to know about her?" I exclaim, rolling my eyes. Marcus' face contorts with fury and I immediately shrink back into the cushions, regretting my words. He hates it when I ask questions. 

"Because I fucking do, okay?" Marcus shouts, spraying his spit all over my face. I nod, frightened of the man in front of me. He's so handsome though and can be really sweet when he wants to be. All I have to do is not make him mad, and I'm doing a terrible job. The one thing I have to do and I'm failing. 

"I'm-I'm sorry," I whimper while his nostrils flare and he stands up. The veins in his neck are popping and he is positively seething with anger. Because of me, I said the wrong thing like always.

"You better be, you little bitch!" Marcus screams as his foot jabs out and connects with my shin. I yelp in pain and jump back farther into the couch. Tears sting in my eyes, but I've learned that crying only makes it worse. When I cry, Marcus laughs and just repeats the action that made me cry until I am begging him to stop or he gets bored. 

Apparently not satisfied with just one kick, he grabs a fist full of my hair and brings me up to eye level. I cry out as the strain on my scalp becomes almost unbearable, and I force myself to look into Marcus's eyes. His beautiful blue eyes. I melt as soon as I meet his gaze.

Its hard to believe that the same hands that are causing me so much pain right now can be so gentle and loving. It all depends on what I do, what mistakes I make. If I'm good, so is he. But if I upset him, it all turns out wrong. I'm trying, I'm trying so hard to get it right, but the smallest things set him off. I just need to learn what they are and then we should be fine.