Part 27

Lucy's POV:

Harry winces slightly as I dab the wet cloth over his damaged lip. My hand gently pushes back his curls, careful to avoid the already forming bruise on his left temple. Harry's hand catches my own, trapping it and bringing it up to his lips before he places a soft kiss on the back.

"Harry, that was really brave of you, what you did down there," I say, moving between his parted thighs as he sits on the bathroom counter. Harry smiles, reopening his split lip and blood runs down his chin before I capture it in the cloth. 

"He hurt you," Harry states, his eyes darkening. "He's an asshole." 

I nod, agreeing. My cheek still stings a bit from where Marcus had slapped me, but Harry's injuries are much worse. Even so, he insisted that I put ice on the affected area before I tended to him. 

"I can't believe his own brother would be so cruel to him," I whisper, shaking my head. Harry pushes my hair out of my face and tucks it behind my ear as I look up to meet his eyes. 

"Me either. Connor doesn't deserve that."

After Marcus had left, Connor had explained to us that Marcus completely changed when he found out that Connor was gay. He started being mean and making rude comments, and then he started hitting Connor just for the fun of it. Connor was never big or strong enough to defend himself, but now he is. Their mum threw Marcus out when she found out about what had been happening, and sent Marcus to live with their father in Pennsylvania. Connor says he hadn't seen his brother until tonight, and he thanked us before warning us to lock our doors, which we made sure to do. 

"Come on, let's go to bed," Harry says, hopping off the counter and moving towards the door, taking my hand as he does so. I willingly follow him to the bed as he peels back the blankets before lying down between the sheets with me next to him. 

"Goodnight Harry," I whisper into the dark.

"Sweet dreams, Luce," his voice coos as a pair of arms pull me into his bare chest. 

November 3rd

"Whatcha doin'?" Harry asks as I sit on the couch, my notebook in my lap and a pen in my hand. 

"Writing a song," I answer. "With all this craziness in my life, it isn't hard to find inspiration."

It's true, my life is crazy. There is never a dull moment and I'm still trying to figure out if that's a good or a bad thing. I guess it can be both. 

"Ooh really?" Harry says excitedly, running over to stand behind me but I clutch the book to my chest, hiding the words from him. 

"Nuh, uh. You don't get to see it until it's finished," I scold, swatting away a large hand that attempts to grab the notebook. His lips fall into a pout and his forehead creases as he frowns. 

"Which should be around the time of your birthday," I continue, hinting that the song is to be a part of his present. Harry's pink lips form an 'o' as he slowly nods, backing away with his hands held in the air. I giggle and reach out, hooking a finger around his back belt loop. He turns to me with raised eyebrows and a sly smile as I pull him down on top of me on the couch. 

Our lips connect in a sweet kiss and I feel a burn in the pit of my stomach. Harry climbs on top of me, laying me back on the couch as he straddles my waist. His tongue glides across my bottom lip, begging for entrance. I comply, parting my lips so his tongue can explore my mouth. 

A throaty groan escapes Harry's lips as I raise my hips to his. He grinds his crotch into mine and I feel the hard bulge against his jeans. We've never done anything like this, but it creates a heat that I love the feeling of.