Part 23

Harry's POV:

September 11th

I wake up with a slight headache. Bright light streams through the gap in the curtains of the hotel and I screw my eyes shut as the brightness makes my headache worse. I'm about to get up and draw the shades closed when something stops me. 

Lucy is sleeping soundly in my arms, her eyes closed and her face smoothed out peacefully. She is so beautiful without even trying. When I saw her last night, I swear my heart stopped. Not only is she utterly and entirely gorgeous, she is utterly and entirely mine. 

I slowly remove Lucy's arms from around my bare chest and climb out of bed in only my boxers. Wait, what the hell? I do't even remember getting undressed last night. The last thing I remember is just collapsing on the bed because I was so exhausted. Is it possible that Lucy undressed me? For some reason, the thought makes me smile. 

I walk over to the curtains and yank them shut. Yawning, I run a hand through my mess of hair and walk into the kitchen. I grab my phone from the counter and see that it's ten and Zayn texted me at nine. 

From: Zayn

Just letting you know, I'm flying out right now to see Perrie! You can thank your girl for that! Ya gotta good one mate! See ya on Niall's birthday

I smile at the text. I'll have to ask Lucy about it when she gets up. Or right now, seeing as she just walked into the room. She looks amazing and she gives me a warm smile that lights up her face. I cross the room in two strides and place my lips over hers, craving the feeling of it. She smiles against my lips and I kiss her hungrily.

Needless to say, she pulls away first and I kiss her nose.

"Well, good morning," she says, laughing softly. I chuckle and kiss her again, not being able to get enough of her sweet lips. 

"Good morning," I whisper when we break away. She giggles and gives me one last kiss before jumping on the kitchen counter.

"So, Zayn is on a flight to go see Perrie as we speak," I inform her and she beams. "He said to thank you for that. Care to share?" 

"Oh, he was just feeling kind of sad and I gave him advice and told him to go see her," she says, shrugging. "I don't see any reason for two people who love each other as much as them to be separated."

"Yeah, you're right," I say. She always is. 

A banging on the door snaps my head towards the source of the noise. I quickly walk over to the door and throw it open, revealing Niall, Louis, and Liam. 

"Harry!" they say, pushing past me to get inside. Louis groans and ruffles his hair. I remember him being drunk last night and I chuckle as he glares at me. 

"Do you have any aspirin?" he asks, rubbing his temples. I shake my head, but Lucy speaks.

"Yeah, I have some in my purse," she says, standing to get it. I rest a hand on her shoulder. 

"I'll get it," I assure her. I'm going to the room to change anyway, seeing as I'm still in my boxers. 

I walk into our room and slip on some sweatpants and a t-shirt before searching for Lucy's purse. I find it next to the bed and reach around inside for the aspirin. I find the little bottle of pills and pull it out, my large hand getting stuck and knocking her purse to the floor as I do so. 

A little brown notebook falls out of the opening and opens on the floor. What the hell? I pick up the book and glance at the page. At the top the words "Something Greatare written in Lucy's neat, loopy handwriting.