Part 7

Harry's POV:

Mum! No, please! I shift in my sleep, trying to figure out what kind of dream this is. Mum! Why?! I'm suddenly awake and very confused. That is until I hear the cries come from the other side of the bed. 

"Mum! No, no, no! Help!" Lucy is screaming in her sleep, her face etched with fear as she twists and turns under the blankets. A thin sheen of sweat is gleaming on her forehead. I quickly sit up and turn over so I'm nearer to her, still in only my boxers. 

"Lucy! Lucy, wake up," I say, shaking her shoulder. Her eyes snap open and she looks around the room frantically before her eyes settle on me. I can still see the fear in her eyes, but it soon changes to confusion, and then relief. 

"Harry," she whimpers, looking defeated and beaten down. I've never seen her like this, Lucy was the strongest person I knew. Now she looks as if anything could break her, and it gives me the strong urge to protect her. I wrap my arm around her torso and lie back down on the bed, pulling her into me, her body still trembling. 

"You're okay, you're safe," I whisper in her ear and her body relaxes into mine. I plant a quick kiss on her hair before pulling her even closer and drifting off to sleep. 

Lucy's POV:

Hot. It's really hot. I tear open my eyes and am about to rip off the duvet when something stops me. An arm is draped over my stomach and around my torso. Harry. Last night after my horrific nightmare, he calmed me down. He's always been the only one able to calm me down, but I never thought anyone could put me to sleep after one of my nightmares. Usually when I have one, I just stay up because there's no point in trying to sleep anyway. But Harry comforted me effortlessly, and that was possibly my worst nightmare yet.

I shudder at the memory of my dream and gently disentangle myself from Harry's tattooed arms. Standing, I walk over to the were my clothes from yesterday are in a pile on the ground. I slip on my shorts, but don't really feel like wearing my uncomfortable top from yesterday. I pad over to where Harry's suitcase is, and take one of his endless supply of plain white shirts. I pull the night shirt over my head and quickly replace it with the new one. 

I pull my hair into a high ponytail as I walk over to the bedside table. I pick up my black iPhone 4s and check the time. It's only 7:54, so I walk into the kitchen to make some breakfast. As I pass the couch, I see Jess sleeping on the couch, tangled up in blankets with her mouth wide open. I chuckle at the sight of her, and then continue to the kitchen. I grab the stainless steel handle of the refrigerator, and pull it open.

Nothing. There's absolutely nothing inside. I should've expected this, since the boys are only here for a couple of days. Still, I groan and my stomach grumbles. Just to make sure, I walk over and pull each cabinet open but I have no luck. I hop up and sit on the counter, my legs dangling off the edge as I pull out my phone and scroll through my Instagram feed. I am startled when a large pair of hands comes from behind and covers my eyes. 

"Guess who?" an all too familiar voice muses. 

"Hmmm, Zayn?" I tease and the hands move from my eyes to my waist, spinning me around to I can see the mock-horrified expression on Harry's face. He's wearing black sweat pants and a fitted white tank top. I giggle and cover my mouth with my hand. 

"Morning," Harry says with a laugh. 

"Morning," I say back as I smile. "Can we eat? I'm starving and there's no food in here!" I plead, sticking out my bottom lip in a pout. Harry rolls his eyes, but agrees to go down to the hotel breakfast bar. I text Jess telling her where we are, so she'll get it when she wakes. If she wakes, a voice in my head adds and I snicker at my own joke. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm pathetic.