Part 5

Harry's POV:

Lucy. After 2 years, I finally got to see my best friend again. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw her standing in the door, her warm brown-green eyes looking at me curiously. I've missed her like crazy. I've missed how she could always calm me down when I got angry, when no one else could. She always knew how to make me laugh, no matter what mood I was in. And most of all, she know everything about me. That's something I've learned not to take for granted. People who love me, or people who hate me because of my fame don't even know the first thing about me besides what I've revealed in interviews. They've never had a conversation with me, and that's fine, but it's really nice to be around people who actually know me and what type of guy I am. I can always be my complete self around Lucy and I've missed that so much. 

She must've felt my eyes on her as we walked over to the hair prep station because she looks up at me.

"What?" she asks, a smirk tugging up on her full lips. 

"Nothing," I shrug. "I've just missed you so much," I say, meaning every word a thousand times over. 

"You too, Haz. We need to catch up," she says sincerely, and I return her grin as I pull her in for another hug. I didn't realize how much I've been longing for her these past years, but now that she's back, I know she's what I've been missing this whole time. As I release her from my embrace, a little girl sporting pigtails and a baby blue dress catches my eye. She is looking right at me and I feel a wave of protectiveness and love, as I always do whenever I see this particular 2 year old.

"Hawwy!" she screams and starts to run towards me. I laugh at the sound of my name and crouch down to hold out my arms for her. 

"Hi baby girl, how are we today?" I ask her, as she jumps into my arms and I catch her easily. 

"Good," she replies as I stand, lifting her with me in my arms. "Who's that?" she asks, pointing her small hand over my shoulder. I turn my head and see that she's pointing at Jess and at Lucy who wears an adoring expression. 

"Oh, that's my friend Lucy, and her friend Jess," I answer her with a smile. "Lucy, Jess, this is Lux, my Goddaughter." Lucy smiles warmly and takes a step toward us just as Lou walks into the room. 

"Ah, I thought I heard you guys! We have lots to-" She stops short when she notices the two unfamiliar girls standing behind us. She opens her mouth to speak, but Niall beats her to it.

"They are two radio contest winners from New York," he quickly explains. "And this one," he points to Lucy, "just so happens to be Harry's childhood friend."

She smiles at them both, and they graciously return the gesture. "Lovely to meet you, I'm Lou Teasdale, the boys' hair and makeup artist, and the Mother of that little rascal," she says jokingly, pointing at Lux. Lucy laughs lightly and they all continue introductions for a few minutes until Lou brings us back to the studio. She does Zayn's hair first, then Niall's, and while she's working I sit on the couch and play with Lux. Lucy comes and sit beside me and I smile up at her.

So, you're the Godfather, huh?" she asks with a smirk. I burst out laughing, remembering how she'd always make me watch those movies with her because she thought they were funny. I'm surprised she remembers, but so do I. I shake my head, still chuckling.

"Yeah, I guess it grew on me after all," I say cheekily with a wink. She laughs and looks down at Lux as I do the same. This is what I love about Lucy, we haven't seen each other in so long, yet it still feels like she never left. Nothing has changed between us and it's so refreshing because basically everything else in my life has changed drastically. Lucy has always been easy to talk to and easy to get along with and I love her for that.