Part 22

Lucy's POV:

September 10th 

"Wucy? Wucy, are you dare?" Lux whines, bouncing up and down on my lap. I didn't even realize I had been spacing out. 

"Yeah, sorry baby. I'm just a little nervous that's all," I say, stroking her wispy hair. We are currently backstage at the VMA's and I couldn't be more nervous. I'm here with only the boys since Danielle and Eleanor couldn't make it. I'm sitting with Lux while I wait for my turn with Lou and Caroline. I don't even know what I'll be wearing yet since Lou and Caroline are picking out everything. 

"Why you newvous?" Lux asks, frowning and sticking her fat bottom lip out. I smile at her adorable expression and pick her up in my arms.

"Well, I've never done anything like this before," I begin, walking into the other room to see how the others are doing. "And I'm kind of scared."

"But don't worry, Uncle Harry will take care of her," a velvety voice says and I glance over to see Harry standing there, smiling. I smile back, trying not to stare as Harry reaches out his arms for Lux. 

He's wearing a black blazer, belt, and jeans with a slightly see-through, button up, black shirt underneath. The top few buttons are undone, bringing out his cross necklace that rests between his collarbones. His hair is styled perfectly on top of his head and he looks quite literally, like an angel.

"Luce!" Lou calls me. I stop staring at Harry and turn to where her voice came from. She motions me over with her hand and I walk to the chair as Harry brings Lux to the other room. Lou starts on my hair, french braiding it back and pulling it into a side bun with a couple curled pieces are left down. 

She then tells me to close my eyes and I oblige, feeling god knows what brush over them before I can open them again. I look up as she applies mascara and eyeliner before she puts some dangly drop earrings in my ears. Then Lou tells me to go see Caroline, not letting me look in the mirror when I pass it.

Caroline greets me and then makes me close my eyes as she dresses me. I roll my eyes beneath by closed lids out of habit, even though she can't see them.

Getting the dress on is a bit of a struggle, but we manage. I blindly step into some heels, clutching Caroline's arm for support as I do so. I feel the cold pressure of a bracelet being slid onto my wrist and then Caroline's voice tells me I can open my eyes. I am standing in front of a full length mirror and the sight in front of me makes my eyes widen.

I am dressed in a strapless cobalt blue dress with a handkerchief hem and some white platform heels. My hair, makeup, and jewelry compliment my look perfectly and I actually feel pretty. 

[Outfit: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/560557484841291852/ ]

I smile widely at Caroline, thanking her over and over for making me look like this. I then run over and hug Lou as she laughs, saying it was no problem.

When I pull away from Lou, she calls the rest of the boys in because we have to head to our seats soon. The boys walk in, each one smiling at me and I smile back. They all look amazing, but I have to say that Harry looks the best. 

Speaking of Harry, he's frozen in the doorway staring at me with wide eyes. A smirk creeps onto his face as his eyes trail up and down my body, taking in my appearance. When his eyes meet mine I offer him a small smile and he positively beams at me, crossing the room in two strides as wraps his arms around my waist, lifting me off of the ground as he spins me around. 

I laugh and clutch his arms for support until he sets me down again. 

"You're so beautiful," he whispers in my ear, tickling my skin with his hot, minty breath. I blush and smile at him, actually believing it for once.