I've Got What I Wanted. Part 22

Start from the beginning

“Are you sleeping okay?” I smiled and nodded.

“Yeah I’ve been sleeping through the night. I’m just waiting for this cast to come off and then I’ll be fine.” He smiled before driving again. “And can we pick up some ice cream and bananas?” He looked at me with a frown on his face.

“What the hell do you want with ice cream and bananas?” I laughed as he pulled up outside the cinema. “Cravings?” I smiled and nodded. He shook his head getting out of the car. I took off my seatbelt and got out of the car.

“I’ve just got this crazing for peanut butter and banana sandwiches and just normal ice cream. But we’ve only got peanut butter.” He laughed lacing his fingers through mine.

“Well then we’ll pick some up after the movie.” I smiled and moved into his side as we walked into the building. “Have you thought anymore about telling everyone you’re pregnant?” 

“A little bit but not an awful lot. But I think she’ll start to notice because I’m just really tired all the time. And then some days I’ll feel really sick and I’ll have a bump in a few weeks. I think it’s just a matter of time before she puts two and two together.” He nodded as we walked up to the ticket counter.

“Two for Silent House please?” Caleb said to the man. “Personally I think the sooner you tell her the better. Imagine how she’ll feel finding out later. Do you know where I’m coming from?” He said handing the man some money. “I don’t want to pressure you into telling her, I just think now is better than later.” I sighed and ran my thumb along the back of his hand.

“I know where you’re coming from; I don’t think you’re pressuring me.”

“Thanks,” he said to the man while taking his change and tickets.

“I just don’t know how she will react.” We walked up the stairs towards the confectionery shop. “She’s either going to be happy or disappointed that her teenage daughter is pregnant. And then there’s Uni that I have to leave while I’m pregnant. There’s just going to be some level of disappointment when I tell her.” He sighed and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

“She won’t be disappointed. And anyway, if you’re happy that you’re pregnant and I’m happy, why does it matter what anyone else says? I know she’s your mum, but this is going to be our family. This is the family that you and I have created. It shouldn’t matter what other people say about it.” I looked up at him and smiled.

“You’re such a big softie,” I stretched up and kissed his cheek. He chuckled and shrugged.

“That’s just who I am. Do you want anything to eat or just a drink?” He said smiling at me.

“Just a drink,” he nodded as he got in line. “Maybe we can tell my mum when we go over on Saturday?” From the edge of my eye I could see him look down at me. 

"I don't want you to tell her just because I said something. I want you to tell her when you want to tell her." I smiled and looked up at him. 

"I want to tell her. I'm sure she'll be happy."

"We'll talk about it over the next few days. I don't want you to rush into it. I want you to tell her when you are ready." I nodded, putting my hand into the back pocket of his jeans. 

"It's not that I'm not ready, I just want the right time to tell her."

"I'm sure she'll be happy whenever you tell her. I think she'll just be happy that she's a grandmother. And she will see how happy we are." I smiled and rested my forehead against his arm. "Don't think about it today. Let’s just relax today okay?" I nodded and looked up at him.