Chapter Twenty-Nine

The fighting had slowed, many Wildlings failing at their attempts at climbing the wall. The ones remaining in Castle Black were either dead or quickly placed in chains. The large red headed man that Violet had fought earlier was swinging his axe wildly in a circle. Violet breathed heavily, blood rolling down her arms, meeting the blood that was rolling down her shoulder. She looked around at the piles of bodies that laid motionless on the dirt ground of Castle Black, many fell from her sword. And soon her eyes met the dark ones of Jon Snow.

He was breathing just as heavy as she, his curly hair was wild and sweaty. It took only a moment before the pair of them soon thrust themselves into each others arms. Violet closed her eyes, her arms wrapped around Jons neck, his holding her tightly around her waist. She had missed him fiercely.

He squeezed her tightly around her sides before pulling apart from her reluctantly. "What in seven hells are you doing here?" He asked, cupping her cheeks in his freezing cold hands. Her cheeks were warm as they always were. 

"It's a long story," She mumbled, placing her hands atop his. "Gods I've missed you." 

"You have no idea how much I've missed you," He pulled her closer before placing his lips to her forehead, she warmed him up easily just as she had always been able to do. 

She had regretted leaving Kings Landing ever since stepping foot on that ship, her thirst for revenge clouding her judgment. But the second she was in Jon's arms once more, that feeling dissipated. 

The loud shouting from the large Wildling soon brought their attention elsewhere. Jon reluctantly released Violet and stormed over to him. "Put him in chains." He ordered the men around them.

"I should have thrown you from the top of the wall, boy," The red head growled. 

"Aye," Jon replied, he watched as brothers of the nights watch struggled to place the giant man in chains before turning around and grabbing Violet's hand -- pulling her away from everyone. 

~

"Where are you taking me?" Violet grunted, Jon steadily pulling her along towards one of the buildings. 

Jon ignored her and steadily pulled her up the staircase and through a wooden door. He shut and locked it behind them before he sat back onto his bed. Jon closed his eyes, but tears still seeped their way through --  And soon sobs were raking his body. Violet quickly dropped the sword she was holding and wrapped her arms around his shaking frame. 

"I'm so sorry, Violet. But I loved her, and now she's gone." He cried out, wrapping an arm around her. 

"Don't be sorry Jon. I love another as well. We knew we were meant for different paths. " She kissed the top of his head before cupping his cheeks in her hands. She had not been this gentle with someone in quite some time. "What is her name?" She asked softly.

"Ygritte." Answered Jon, his voice steadying. 

"Why don't you tell me about her?" She asked. 

"Theres so much to be done, I need to help my brothers." 

"Your brothers can wait. They can clean up our mess later." She smiled softly, kissing the top of his head once more. 

And so they talked. He told her all about his journey beyond the wall, traveling with the Wildlings and falling in love with Ygritte. She told him all about her sister, Rhael, and of course Daario who were all waiting for her across the narrow sea.

"The men talked about you all the time. Everyone loved to talk about the Silver Death that was chopping her way through all the soldiers in Westeros." Jon hadn't let go of Violet's hand their entire conversation.