"I have no interests in bargaining with the devil," I spat out. She chuckles softly.

"I'll leave your Jesse alone and I'll make sure her bullying stops," Claire says and I perk up. "But, you have to kiss me."

So I let her tiptoe and plant her lips firmly on mine. A voice in the back of my mind screams about how this is wrong. I shouldn't be doing this.

But I'll do it for Jesse. To save her.

How ironic is it that an act to save her instead killed her later?

The rest is history.

:

After Jesse ran away from school

I rush to her house. I shouldn't have done that. I shouldn't have kissed Claire. I should've known it was a trap.

Seeing Arc leave Jesse's house just moments ago almost made me explode with jealousy and anger.

So this is their plan now? For Arc to be the knight in shining armour once Claire sets me up for cheating on Jesse? Admittedly, they're smarter than I thought they were capable of. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

I literally run once I felt the quiet of the house. It's weird and abnormal. Jesse isn't a quiet and shy kitten. She's wild and she won't let a house be as quiet as this.

I rush up the stairs, a feeling of dejavu ovetaking me.

I lost Melody. I can't lose Jesse. I can't...

"Jesse!" I roared.

I slammed her door open, thanking every entity up there in heaven that she forgot to lock the door. If only Melody did the same thing.

And there she lies. In a pool of her own blood.

I freeze when I see the knife on her left hand and the cut wrist on her right. Her eyes are closed and her skin is pale, her brown hair tangled.

Her face is puffy and moist from her tears and I feel something break inside me.

I did this to her. My stupidity and recklessness did this to her.

But I can still save her. I can do it.

I pick her up and kissed her forehead. I took out my phone and dialed 911.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"My gi-" I corrected myself. "My friend tried to commit suicide. I need ambulance, now!"

I stated the address. Then I shut the phone and turned to the beautiful girl in my arms. I killed her.

Jesse is a strong girl. She fought her bullies and she fought James and his wicked girlfriend.

And I finally broke her. The light and love of my life. I destroyed her because of one foolish decision.

"Please don't leave me, Jesse," I said, my voice thick with tears. "I'm a terrible person and I don't deserve you in a million years. But I love you so much."

I held her closer, not caring if her blood soaks my shirt. This girl deserves so much more than I do.

"I know I killed you, Jesse. I shouldn't have kissed Claire. I should've treasured you while I could. But I'm a selfish bastard," I say, tears streaming down my cheeks and mixing with her crimson blood.

"I'm selfish. I can't face the world without you, Jesse. I can't." My voice is all drained out now. Every emotion I feel is thick in each word.

The door bursts open and the paramedics come rushing in. They spot me and Jesse and immediately run to Jesse with a stretcher and bandages.

"You can't leave me..."

:

A/N
Hey guys!

Sorry to cut it short! But Lucas has an excuse now. I know at least some of you were pissed off by Lucas from last chapter, so I tried my best in this one.

I'm actually really proud of myself. I literally wrote in my plot/draft for the story 'Claire sets up Lucas for cheating on Jesse'. And then I was writing this chapter and I thought HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO MAKE THIS WORK?!

But I think I nailed it.

Please comment and vote on this chapter if you liked it!

Stay awesome,

Angie

:

Word count: 1340