Chap 17 - Bye Uho, Hello Hoseok

For Uho and his friends, the school was hell. The students yelled at them for hurting Taehyung and would throw their food at the group. They were especially scared of seeing Jungkook again. They were getting so many death threats from the students, they thought that Jungkook would actually go through with it.

After school, Uho managed to avoid both Jungkook and Taehyung. He was extremely happy to be going home. When he got out of the gates, he saw something that made him drop his bag.

Taehyung stood at the gates, waiting for Jungkook as Uho walked up to him. Instantly, Taehyung's blood began to boil. Uho fell to the ground and bowed to Taehyung.

"Please! Please forgive me!"

"You're asking me to forgive you? Why should I?"

"Please!"

"Do one thing for me and I'll forgive you."

"I'll do anything!"

"Follow me then." Taehyung turned away from Uho and walked him into the forest a short way from the school.

"Taehyung?" Jungkook saw the back of Taehyung walking away with Uho.

"Roll up your sleeve," Taehyung demanded when they were a safe distance away from everyone. "Good. Now come closer to me. I was beginning to feel a little weak after our incident." Taehyung grabbed his arm and raised to his face. "As you said before, 'This will probably hurt'"

He bit into Uho's wrist hard and began sucking his blood. Uho yelled out from the pain and tried to get away, but Taehyung held him there. Uho kept trying to fight Taehyung off of him, but soon his movements became slow until there was no movement left.

Taehyung let Uho go and he fell to the dirt as a limp corpse.

"Taehyung?" Jungkook's voice came through the bushes. "Where are you?"

'Jungkook?! What'll he do when he sees me like this?' Taehyung tried his best to rub off the blood on his chin and lips, but there was too much.

"There you are..." Jungkook got a good look at Taehyung and his eyes flashed to the dead Uho. "What did you do?"

"He's the one that did those things to me! He deserved it!" Jungkook walked towards Taehyung with a weird look in his eyes. "He did that to me!"

"I know." Jungkook stood in front of Taehyung and changed his expression into a smile. "Are you hurt at all?"

"...No..."

"Thank god." Jungkook embraced Taehyung. "I don't know what happens to you when you do those things. I was scared. I thought you might die..."

"Why would I die? I only drank his blood."

"I don't know... I just don't like not knowing what you're doing... It scared me so much when I saw you walking away with Uho."

"...I killed him... I've killed two people..." He shuddered inside Jungkook grasp. "...two people..."

"Taehyung it's okay..."

"No, it's not!" Taehyung broke from Jungkook. "I shouldn't have killed them! I shouldn't have! What if I do it again?! I don't want to kill any more people! What if I kill someone close to me?! What if- ...I killed you."

"Tae... that won't happen. If you actually do kill me... at least I die by your hands." He smiled at Taehyung. "I couldn't ask for more."

"Don't say those things..." Taehyung began to tear up.

"Oh Tae, don't cry." Jungkook wrapped Taehyung back into his arms. "I promise I won't die. I'll stay with you. You won't kill me."

As they broke apart, Jungkook looked down at Uho.

"What do we do about him? Do vampires eat humans?"

"No."

"Should we just leave him?"

"Surely that would not be a wise choice." A chilling voice came from behind them. "If the police found him, you could be caught and thrown in jail."

Taehyung looked at the man with brown clean hair. "...You."

"You know him Taehyung?"

"He's the one that made me a vampire." Jungkook glared at the man.

"Where are my manners, my name is Hoseok." He bowed to the pair. "You are Jeon Jungkook, am I correct?" Jungkook nodded. "So you're the one that was taken in by Taehyung. That's quite interesting. Are you in love?" Jungkook nodded again. "Well, isn't that fantastic. A vampire finding somebody to love, how touching." He took a step towards them and Jungkook tightened his grip around Taehyung.

"I mean you no harm. Trust me." He continued towards them. When he stood up beside them, he was a lot taller than Jungkook even. "Wow, you've grown a little since I last saw you. I heard you stopped playing the saxophone. Why would you do that?"

"I'm... scared."

"Oh, you shouldn't be scared. I gave you the strength to play again, so shouldn't you be playing?"

"Why are you here?" Taehyung wasn't interested in a regular conversation.

"So nippy. Well, as you know I'm connected to you, so I'm sure you've felt it." He peered at Taehyung.

"So you are dy-"

"Correction, I'm already dead. I can't die twice. I would think of it as falling asleep after such a long time." He smiled at Taehyung. Something about Hoseok made Taehyung feel warm inside. Though he was scared of the man before him, he was so happy to see him once again.

"Why are you- falling asleep?"

"Let's just say the overexertion has its limits. Such a pity too, I was finally beginning to enjoy this life." Though he was smiling, immense sadness surrounded his aura.

"Listen Taehyung- I know you used your power. Don't do that again. Your body will not be able to handle it again."

"How did you know?"

"I've known everything about you since I bit you. I can see your thoughts clearly in my mind. Don't worry though, I see only what I need to see. Other things-" He looked at Jungkook and winked. "-are better left a secret."

Jungkook began to blush. What were Taehyung's thoughts about him?

"I've only come to warn you before my departure." He began to turn away when he suddenly remembered something. "One more thing..." He looked from Jungkook to Taehyung. "...Next time you are in your true form, don't be around Jungkook. Don't be around the one you love. Don't make his mistake." With that, he picked up Uho. "I'll dispose of this. You don't have to worry." He vanished.

"His? Who is he talking about? I wonder... what he meant."