Chap 3 - Change

Jungkook ran outside in search of Taehyung. He continued running until he saw a few figures inside the gardens. He looked over the fence and saw five big guys kicking Taehyung.

"What makes you think you can get away with not paying us?!" yelled the leader of them. "Come on, fight back if you can!"

"Hey!" Jungkook called out to them as he leaped over the fence.

"What do you want?" the leader asked.

"I want you to stop hitting him."

"What's the big deal? You do it all the time."

"Not anymore." Jungkook walked towards the group. "Please leave before I kill you."

They didn't need a second telling. Though there were five of them and only one of Jungkook, he could have taken them. Even if Jungkook was defeated, they would've had to face the rage of the rest of his friends.

Jungkook kneeled down and turned Taehyung over. He had been beaten unconscious. Jungkook stroked the side of Taehyung's cut face.

"Sorry, I couldn't have gotten here sooner."

He looked through Taehyung's bag for his wallet. Inside was a lot of money but he only looked for Taehyung's ID. He found his address and stuffed his wallet back in the bag. He grabbed Taehyung's arm and pulled him onto his back. Taehyung's head rested right next to Jungkook's to his great delight. Though he was so beaten, he still looked so beautiful. He hooked both of their bags on his right arm and carried Taehyung back to his house.

After a couple hours, Taehyung awoke to a dark room. He was surprised to find himself in his house. How did he get there? The last thing he remembered was being hit over and over by a bunch of jerks. He looked around himself, hoping for an explanation when the door to his room open and Jungkook walked in.

"Ah! You're awake!" Jungkook rushed over to Taehyung's bed.

"What are you doing here?"

"I saw you unconscious and thought I should bring you home. Should I have left you there?"

"You saved me?"

"Perhaps." Jungkook smiled at the dumbstruck Taehyung. He had never looked cuter.

"Why? Why would you do that?"

"Don't really know why. Guess I just have a soft spot for you now." Jungkook winked at Taehyung and walked out of the room. When he got outside, he took in a deep breath. His heart was beating really fast. He felt very weird that a guy could bring this out in him.

'What's with that guy? I hope he didn't look through anything in here...' Taehyung looked sadly around his room. 'Everything looks in order...' He let go a sigh. 'Did he actually save me? He shouldn't have interfered.' With that thought, Taehyung turned in his bed and fell back asleep.

When he woke up again, it was morning. He looked at the bandages on his arms. They were covered in blood, but no pain was coming from it anymore. He unwrapped the bandages to reveal un-scared skin underneath.

'Healed up nicely,' Taehyung thought to himself as he pulled off the rest of his bandages.

"Why are you taking off your bandages?" asked Jungkook as he entered the room. "You should leave them on until—..." Jungkook looked closely at Taehyung. "You're healed?"

"I just heal quickly." Taehyung looked flustered, he had forgotten that Jungkook may have still been inside his house. "Why are you still here?"

"I can't leave my patient alone. Your parents haven't been home yet, so I thought I should stay here."

"If you plan on staying here until they come home, then you'll be here forever."

Jungkook looked confusingly at Taehyung. "What do you mean?"

"They're dead."

"Oh... I'm sorry..."

"It was a long time ago. Don't worry about it."

"Alright then." Jungkook looked around Taehyung's room. "Wow! You sure have some weird things." He walked over to a bookshelf. "So many books ... Almost as bad as Namjoon." He continued browsing through the room. "Ah! Are these music notes? Do you play a musical instru-" The papers in Jungkook's hands were snatched away leaving a few paper cuts.

"Don't touch these." Taehyung was shaking as he held onto the papers.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know they were special to you."

Taehyung put the papers neatly back in a pile on the shelf. "Please leave my house."

"But—..."

"You have overstayed your welcome. Don't think one kind act can overwrite all the others."

"I want to stay here. There must be something else I can do. Honestly, I've changed."

"It'd be a miracle for someone to change that fast." Taehyung turned away from Jungkook and opened the door for him. Jungkook walked through the door and smiled at Taehyung.

"You'll be seeing a miracle then," he left Taehyung's room and house with that said.