Chap 6 - Confession

Taehyung awoke with a fright back at his house. He looked over to see Jungkook sitting on the floor beside him. He felt so weak. He could barely move his arms and legs. It was almost the same feeling as when the man bit into him.

'I don't want it ... but I need it.' With that thought, Taehyung rolled out of bed and slammed hard onto the floor, waking Jungkook up.

"What are you doing?" Jungkook yelled at him as he rushed over to help Taehyung. "You're in no condition to be moving." He put Taehyung on his lap and rested his head on his shoulders. "You can't move around like that."

"I'm sorry." Taehyung looked at Jungkook. 'He hurt me so many times, maybe it's only right if I do it.' As Taehyung thought this, he grabbed Jungkook's hand.

Jungkook felt chills rushing through his body as the cold hand grabbed his. Taehyung brought his hand up to his face and rubbed Jungkook's hand across his face.

"It's only fair." Taehyung placed Jungkook's wrist in front his mouth and bit into it. Blood leaked onto Taehyung's mouth as Jungkook watch in horror at what Taehyung was doing. Jungkook looked into Taehyung's eyes and saw them beginning to turn red.

"Stop it!" Jungkook yelled at him but there was no stopping him.

Jungkook began to feel cold. So much blood was leaving him. He felt like he was going to die. Taehyung stopped and let Jungkook's hand fall to the floor. The thud snapped Taehyung back to reality.

"Jungkook?" Taehyung said feeling completely energized again. "Jungkook?"

"What ... did you ... do?"

"I took some of your blood."

"Why?"

"I needed it to live. I thought it's only fair since you've taken a lot of mine already with every time you picked on me. I didn't mean to take this much though. I'm sorry."

"Then ... you've taken all the blood I ... took from you?"

"Yes."

"That's good ... Will you be ... my friend now?"

"What?" Taehyung asked but Jungkook didn't respond. "I guess I really did take too much," he said as Jungkook fell asleep with Taehyung still leaning up against him.

"Why do you want to be friends with me?" he asked the sleeping Jungkook. "Why would you want to be friends after I did something like that? Don't you know what I am? I'm a monster. You really want to be friends?"

No response came from him.

Jungkook woke up to find himself sleeping in Taehyung's bed. When he looked around, he was completely alone. The last thing he remembered was Taehyung falling off of this very bed. He rushed over to pick him up, but he did something strange. Jungkook saw the image of his blood dripping down from Taehyung's mouth and his gleaming red eyes. The thought made Jungkook full of energy as he leaps from the bed.

'Is he still in the house? Is he going to kill me?' As he thought this, Taehyung entered the room. Jungkook took a step back out of fear. "What do you want?"

"I wanted to see if you were still sleeping. Yoongi, Jimin and Namjoon already went to school but I stayed home to take care of you." Jungkook remained silent. He was afraid of a demon appearing before him. "I'm sorry about last night. I was too weak to really think about my actions until they were already done. Please forgive me." Taehyung bowed to Jungkook.

"What are you?"

"A... vampire," Taehyung said as he stood up straight.

"Am I one now too since you bit me?"

"No, I would have to bite your neck for you to turn."

"Why'd you bite me?"

"I needed the blood to live."

"You were dying? Is that why you were so weak at school? You needed blood?" Jungkook began to feel his strength back inside of him.

"Yes."

"Are you all right now? Do you need any more?" Jungkook rushed over to Taehyung taking him by surprise.

"What is wrong with you? I took blood from you and then you asked to be friends. I tell you I'm a vampire and then you offer me more blood."

"I'm sorry ... I just don't want you to die. I know I may look stupid to you because I'm acting this way. But I really want you to be safe. There aren't many people I'm willing to protect. To be honest," Jungkook took a deep breath, "I like you."

"What?" Taehyung voiced; his eyes had gone wide.

Jungkook scratched his head. He couldn't think of anything else to really say to Taehyung. Taehyung was surprised at a man confessing to him. He had never thought this day would come. Taehyung had always imagined the person confessing would be him but to a girl.

"Why do you like me? I'm a guy."

"I know that and I'm always for girls, but you stood out to me. I've already moved past you taking my blood... can you move past me being your bully? Will you be my friend?"

Taehyung was surprised by Jungkook. He never thought anyone would have this kind of reaction to the news of a vampire. 'He must actually like me,' Taehyung thought to himself before responding to Jungkook.

"I guess I can be your fri—..." Taehyung's words were cut off as Jungkook embraced Taehyung out of joy. "You're so strange."

"I'm sorry." Jungkook released Taehyung. "When I get what I want, I get really happy. I don't want that many things so when I do want something, I make sure I get it."

"I see. Are you sure you want to be friends with someone like me?"

"Yes. Yes." Jungkook waved him off. "Are you hungry? You do eat regular food, right?" Taehyung nodded. "Let's go out for something to eat then!" Without a response from Taehyung, Jungkook grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the house.