Bitty! UT Grillby X Reader

This was actually my first ever request! how exciting~

Grillby neatly folded up the sleeves of his little, white button-up shirt until they rested securely by his elbows, then making sure to properly tie the back of his apron. You got it for him ages ago, when he first told you how much he loved cooking.

It was black with simple white stripes, making you gush over how 'adorably professional' he looked, (silently, of course- you didn't want to embarrass the little fireball) and it was easily one of grillby's favourite things... beside you, that is. He loved you most of all.

Which is why he was making you breakfast.

You were pretty tired lately, after having to work so hard and even take on longer shifts, so when the weekend finally came grillby was sure to wake up extra early and sneak away from his normal sleeping spot warming the crook of your neck.
Now, he was ready and staring up at your kitchen.

...which was much larger then he remembers now you weren't here to help him, like always.
No matter, nothing was going to stop him from making you something delicious- eggs on toast would do the trick. Sounds easy enough.

Splat-

He watched in silence as the second egg landed on the ground, just a few feet away from the first.

It wasn't so hard for him to open the fridge, not with all the ropes and ladders you had there just for him, but apparently it was a lot harder to get out while holding an egg thats nearly the same size as he was.
He didn't let it discourage him as he went determinedly back to the carton for another, your encouraging words echoing through his head. You always were so patient with his independence, something he greatly appreciated. You were going to be very proud of him when you woke up.

Third time was the charm it seems, as he finally made it safely back onto the bench. Because of it's size he basically had to hug the egg as he walked, leaving him looking somewhat like a small duckling as he waddled across the counter, trying desperately not to trip.

The other ingredients were a lot easier to get, and thankfully a pan was already near him on the drying rack from last night.
After having to drag it painfully slow all the way to the stove he gave himself a good minute to catch his breath, flames flickering at each huff. He didn't anticipate just how much walking this would involve, and going back and forth through your kitchen was taking it's toll on his tiny legs.
But, he didn't let himself stop for too long, knowing if he wanted this to be a surprise he had to hurry up the pace.

Grillby had to stand on the tip of his shiny, leather shoes to juuuuust reach the lever on the toaster, pushing down with all his strength until it finally clicked into place. He may be a fire elemental but he knows from experience how easy it was to burn toast. You were always more then happy to just scrape off the black bits with a knife, but that wasn't good enough for him. In his mind, you deserved no less then perfection!

Besides, while that was toasting it left him more time to fry the egg. He brought it to the ridge of the pan with his steady hands, watching in deep concentration, and ever so gently gave it a little tap.

...Okay, maybe it needs just a bit more force and-tap!

He huffed in frustration, how convenient it was that the eggs won't break now he actually wants them to! He took a deep breath and stepped back from the stove, tightening his grip before running towards the pan with a fierce 'Crack' as the egg oozed out messily from the shell.