Bitty HT sans x child reader

The small child nervously pushed against the bitty centre's door, using all her strength to get it open.

She looked back through the store's window to see her mother leaning up against her car, preferring to take a cigarette break and scroll through her phone then help her daughter pick out a bitty.
It wasn't even (y/n)'s idea, but ever since their neighbours had brought one for their kid (a rather expensive one at that) they had been boasting at every opportunity. It was merely a matter of time before her mother had enough and drove her to the centre, never one to be outdone.

She gave her daughter twenty minutes to pick one, and it goes without saying the young girl was overwhelmed. She didn't even know where to start.

She looked around, feeling curious little eyes watching her every move. It honestly freaked her out, but she knew her mother wouldnt let her leave empty-handed.

To her right she saw a big open pen, filled with bitties running around and making noise. She went to the left, feeling more comfortable in quieter part of the store. Roomy tanks surrounded her, stacked high with the tall shelving, but they were empty, of course.

Or at least, most of them were empty.
She didn't see the skeleton, with its tank just a shelf above her height, curiously trained on her little form as she wandered down the aisle.

It waited until she nearly passed him before he finially called out.

"Hey there kiddo"

She snapped her head towards the deep voice, catching a glimpse of the glaring red eye-light of a skeleton bitty, their hands pushed up against the glass of the tank. It wore tattered clothes, the hood of his jacket brought up to cover the rest of his skull, with the fur around the rim matted like that of a stray dog.

"What are ya doing down here all by ya'self?"
The bitty's smile was wide and menacing but still she moved closer, oblivious to any danger.

"My mum's waiting for me outside" she answered and his sharp teeth smiled wider.

"Ooh I get it, and you need to find a bitty pal right?"
She nodded, still unsure of what to do.

"Well I can help you out bucko, just open that little latch right there for me"
He pointed upwards, where a little iron latch was keeping the lid of his tank sealed and she frowned. None of the other tanks she passed had a lock.

"Oh... I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do that..." she nervously looked around, but there was no worker in sight. At her hesitance the bitty grew frustrated, his voice getting sharper, and even more patronising.

"Of course yer allowed. I wouldn't ask if it was against tha' rules. Would I, bud?"

"Ummm..."
She looked around again, but still no one was there, she didn't want to get in trouble...

But then again, all the other tanks were open?
"I guess not... Okay, if you're sure"

At her nod his face brightened, watching avidly as she balanced on her toes to reach his tank. Her nimble fingers making quick work of the hatch and as soon as she lifted the top for him- he appeared in front of her in a flash.