In too deep

I was pretty much ready to die. I saw my life flash in front of my eyes and everything. Okay, that might've been an exaggeration. But I was prepared. But it wasn't the king rushing in with a stake, it was his son, peeping in. I let the tension simmer down.

"What are you doing here?" I asked all of a sudden, it's not every day someone comes by at night when they're supposed to be sleeping, or trying to.

Nathaniel scratched his head,embarrassed. He looked kind of cute when he was. Embarrassed I mean. And now so was I.

"What are you doing?" He stepped around the question politely.

I tensed. But it couldn't do any harm by just telling him one small detail, would it? "I'm running away." He nearly gasped at my a little too direct, but true words.

"Why?"

I told him everything from the room about my mom ,and the king trying to stake me.

"So you see, I can't exactly stay here."

He paused for a moment, making me wonder what he was thinking. I it my lip, what was he going to do? And finally, he gave his answer. I didn't like it.

"I'm coming with you."

I shook my head. "No you're not." After a while of nagging, I finally gave in. And when I finally did, Jordan and maya burst in. Just when the evening couldn't get any worse. Before I could stop him, Nathaniel explained everything to them. I could only shake my head in frustration. And again he was quicker than me.

"Wanna join us?"

One more word Nathaniel. And you'll regret it.

We agreed to meet in the ash tree woods. It wasn't far, but it was away from castle grounds. Safe enough.

I took one last look in my bag. I filled it with enough supplies. I just hoped the rest of them had enough.

I slung it over my shoulders and ran. I tried to be lightfooted, I told Freya I was leaving,she tagged along with Jackson and Oscar. We waited awhile for the rest to arrive. My shaky breath only making things worse for me.

"So where are we going?" Jackson asked,curiously. We came up with suggestions, the shadow blade lands, the pure bloods. But one so obvious was clearly the best choice.

"What about the human world?" Nathaniel proposed. We all agreed nothing could be better. We had advantages there. Nathaniel connected with some resources and enrolled us in some college.

With one last look at the palace, we disappeared into the night.