Ignoring her taunt, he continued to read. From the corner of his eye, he saw that she cut out a new, much smaller piece of fabric. For a hat, maybe? Fong Hung already looked ridiculous. No wonder the toad was in a bad mood.

"By the way, did you know your boys read all kinds of sexually explicit books? I caught one of them the other day and confiscated the outrageous material immediately. For further study. I think I'm beginning to grow fond of your children. They are especially adorable when they turn red! And they turn red every single time they see me."

Mo Yuan felt like turning red himself again. He was quite certain that his own behavior was thoroughly scandalizing his disciples, but he simply could not keep his hands off the Demon Goddess. He often caught himself staring at her during their meals or even touching her in front of everyone. At least he had enough self-control to not kiss her in public. In addition, she enjoyed discomforting his disciples far too much. Poor 13th, the shiest amongst his students and therefore a prime target, almost didn't dare leave his room anymore. Mo Yuan only intervened when they came running to him with complaints, which wasn't often - all in all, they had to learn how to deal with difficult seniors themselves.

"Do you read these kind of books too? Men's fantasies sure are interesting."

Mo Yuan scowled but didn't look up.

"Don't tell me you've never read one, I won't believe it!"

"When I was quite young I once-"

"Only once?"

"The night they sent maids to-" greatly embarrassed, he broke off in mid-sentence and pressed his lips together.

She looked at him questioningly, but as always when she realized he was truly discomforted by a topic, she stopped teasing him.

"Those women sure were lucky," she said, turning back to her handywork, "I bet you were very cute as a boy."

Before lying with you, I never knew how glorious it could be, Mo Yuan thought. For the time being, he had managed to get her interested in him again. When she had declared she would no longer share a bed with him, he had felt cold dread freeze his insides. Later, alone in his meditation cave, he had missed her with a bodily agony that reminded him of his time in the Nothingness. Luckily, the intensity of his need, coupled with the necessity to find new methods to teach her control had led to a genius idea on his part: to combine breathing and meditation with lovemaking. It had worked much better than he had dared hope, even if he was the one struggling with control every time. The effect was quite marvellous - it was an instant improvement of cultivation for both of them. But the effect was also frightening - it seemed impossible, but it made him crave her even more. Every moment he spent apart from her became a moment spent thinking about when he would see her again.

He watched her screw up her face in deep concentration as she attempted to form a hat out of the piece of fabric she had cut out. The sunlight that came through the window put a crown of light on her head. It shone like silver on her midnight black hair that fell in dark, thick waves down her back. He felt an urge to capture moments like this one - to paint her in a thousand facets. Maybe there was still time for this, he thought. Maybe she would stay a bit longer. Maybe he had a chance to tell her he would like her to stay longer.

"Do you think I should write erotica for your children?" she asked him. "I could do much better than what they read. The women in there always giggle and blush and are so very reluctant. Quite disgusting."

Heavens. "I don't think that's a good idea, Shao Wan."

"You should be more concerned about that part of their education too!"