I kicked the front door open and guns were quick to fire.
I took cover on the side, away from the door.
Nicolas waved his hands in the air like birds were flying around him, before he took cover beside me.
"JESUS!" Nicolas yelled "This is exactly what I'm talking about!"

"Shut up" I groaned, waiting for the guns to ease.

"I could've died!" Nicolas groaned beside me.

"Did you?" I looked back at him, beside me.

Nicolas mumbled then sighed "Fuck you"

Once the guns eased and chatter occurred, I exposed myself. Walking in through the front door, almost like I wasn't walking into war, I shot those in my eyes as Nicolas did too.

"Kill him!" a man yelled, only to have a bullet in-between his eyes by my weapon.

After several minutes of shooting, taking cover and arguing with Nicolas, everything just blacked out. Silence.

Nicolas panted beside me behind an empty metal cart.
"Well fuck me" he sighed, taking a deep breath.

I stood up and walked around, making sure not a man stood around. Lucky for me, they were only five of them.
Who would hold people hostage and only put five men in charge?

"Nicolas?" Ella's sweet, soft voice called.

I rushed over towards it.
Nicolas followed close behind.

Ahead of me, in the corner of the dark, wet factory, Ella crouched down with Linda below her.
"Hey" Nicolas rushed over towards her.

"She's lost so much blood" Ella shivered above her "She's barley breathing"

Nicolas put his gun away before leaning down and picking up Linda within his arms.
Ella looked my way for just a second before looking away and following Nicolas.

"Hey" I grabbed Ella's arm.

"Don't" she shoved me "No matter where I go, your stupid...dirty work finds its way to me!"

"I had nothing to do with this" I looked down at her.

"So why are you here?" she frowned "Surely you wouldn't stick your nose in business that isn't yours" she opened her arms widely. "I mean who cares who dies right?"

"Ella"

"I'm done, Josh" she took a step away "I don't want you saving me every time something goes wrong. For a matter of fact, nothing should go wrong with my life anymore. Yet I bump into you, and here I am"

"I had nothing to do with this" I kind of lied, but this was more of Sylvester's dirty work. I just tagged along. I didn't know this was going to happen and the guy we bought drugs off was a dirty scum.

"Stop lying!" she raised her voice.

I realised she was naked waist down and only an oversized shirt covered her exposed bits.

"Did they touch you?" I asked, feeling my body begin to heat from anger.

"Why-"

"DID THEY TOUCH YOU?!" I yelled down at her.

She gulped "No!" she panted "They didn't"

I frowned, noticing her entire body begin to shiver before a cough was heard from behind us.
I was quick to raise my hands and aim my weapon into the darkness as Ella stood behind me.

Within the darkness, a man, gripping his stomach tightly, appeared. Within his hands was a knife, dug deep into his stomach as blood dripped.

I frowned.

"I'm going to kill you" he hissed as blood escaped his lips.

He ran towards us, Ella screamed and I fired.
His body dropped by my legs.

I turned around and Ella's chest was pumping to her uncontrollable breathing.

"You stabbed him?"

She gulped and looked up at me, before looking down at her hands.
"He...he was...going to rape Linda"

"How-" I was about to ask how she managed to, when I assumed she should've been tied down.
Though her wrists had slight burn marks, almost like she tried to untie herself. Then I thought a little more.

"He untied me...to put me beside Linda...I saw the knife and...I wasn't thinking right. I couldn't see it happen...and the second I stabbed him, you guys came" she gasped, gulping but refusing to cry. "I didn't want to, I didn't" she shook her head, looking down at the dead man by my feet. "I didn't" she whispered.

I took a step towards her but she took a step back.

I knew Nicolas must've taken our car to get Linda to the hospital, so we had to find a ride.

But Ella reached the door. "I'm not a killer"

"No" I took a few steps towards her "I killed him, yours was self defence"

"I'm not a killer" she whispered before turning away and leaving.

"Ella!" I called, jogging behind her "Ella!"

She ran, away from the factory and onto the path.

"Where are you going?!"

She ignored me, running like the devil was chasing her.

I sighed, taking a deep breath before kicking the door and breaking a nearby chair.

She ran like the devil was chasing her...

I was chasing her...

But I didn't want her to run, not like this.

Not like this.

____________________________

Guys stop telling me to update, I told ya'll I'm going on holiday on the 25th so Im busy packing. Understand writing is soooo damn hard, patience guyssss.
I normally update once a week and more if I'm not busy. So don't worry yu WILL get an update weekly, just hang on.
I feel like this chapter is not my best work but my inboxes have flooded "Updateeee" & I had no choice but to throw something on paper and publish.
So i'm sorry if this wasn't my best, but yu guys asked for it.

Mia x