Surprise Adoption

"Yes Dal I'll be home soon okay? Quit worrying.. yeah yeah I love you too bye," Brendon put his phone back into his pocket, continuing his walk home from the corner store. There was a park right next to the apartments where Dallon and Brendon lived and Brendon's favorite thing to do was watch all the dogs run around. As he walked past the park he heard a yelp coming from the alleyway, allowing his curiosity to take over he walked in the direction of the sound. Sitting on a wet piece of cardboard was a small Boston Terrier.

"Hey there little guy, what are you doing out here?" Brendon asked as he crouched down to pet the dog, only to have it whimper and cower away. "Sh it's okay doggy I'm not gonna hurt you," he said as he reached his hand out yet again. The dog took a moment to sniff it before getting up and moving closer to him. He picked the dog up, holding it inside his coat for warmth before getting up and continuing his journey home.

Dallon was not a pet person but Brendon hoped he would allow them to keep this one. "Now Dallon may seem scary at first since he's like the size of a giraffe but I promise you he's really sweet and I think he's gonna like you," Brendon made small talk with the dog as he walked up to his second floor apartment. He grabbed his keys and unlocked the door, stepping inside and walking down the short hallway to the kitchen.

Dallon was standing by the stove, stirring a pot of whatever he had decided to make for them that night. Brendon walked up behind him and wrapped the arm that wasn't occupied with a dog around his waist. "Hi babe, I got a little surprise for you," Brendon said, kissing his neck and resting his head on his shoulder. "Oh really? And what would that be?" Dallon said, turning around to face Brendon.

"Well I was walking home and I heard a bark coming from the alley so I walked toward it and found this little guy," Brendon pulled the dog out from under his coat, "sitting in a puddle and I know you're not keen on having pets but please please please can we keep it?" Brendon asked, putting on his best puppy dog face. Dallon sighed, moving the pot of stir fry off of the eye before turning back around. "Bren, sweetie, we can't take care of a dog. I work all day and you're off touring half of the time I mean who's gonna take care of it? And we don't even have any food or anything for it right now." Brendon pouted as he listened to Dallon talk.

He sat the puppy down on the ground, stepping closer to Dallon and wrapping his arms around his neck. He smiled and connected their lips, pulling their bodies closer before trailing kisses across his jawline to his ear. He bit down softly on the taller man's earlobe, knowing how it affected him. Letting his lips hover he whispered, "If you don't let me keep this dog then so help me god you won't be getting sex for at least two months." Dallon groaned and tried to speak but Brendon cut him off, "You know I'm serious Dal, tour starts in three weeks and I won't hesitate to take your name off the list."

Dallon sighed and looked down at the puppy at his feet, he picked it up and cringed when it licked his cheek. Brendon laughed and took the dog from his hands, laying it on their couch in a ball of blankets. "Why do I let you talk me into things like this?" Dallon asked. Brendon grabbed his hand and walked into their bedroom, "because you love me duh." Dallon rolled his eyes and pushed Brendon back onto the bed, "keep telling yourself that sweetheart." "Oh I will," Brendon joked as he pulled Dallon in for another kiss.

-
(Swim starts tomorrow and I am so not ready someone kill me.) Niall's new song fucked me up guys like wow I was feeling some things. How was this? I wrote it during church (ew) so it was kind of rushed but I think it turned out alright. How are you guys doing?

(( safe place to rant ))