19

Chapter Nineteen

Brooklyn was laid in her guest bedroom at Dricks house watching encanto on disney plus with Khighia and Sakani. She was enjoying spend time with her daughter and she was happy that Sakani didn't hold a grudge against her for being there for her like she was supposed to .

Her phone started ringing and she sighed once she saw it Desmond calling her again . She knew she couldn't avoid him forever so she excused herself and went into the bathroom connected to the room to answer his facetime call.

She propped her phone up on the sink and answered it . When the call connected she could tell he was pissed off by his facial expression. " Hey " She said softly .

" Hey ? That's what you have to say to me ? You dipped on me for two weeks without answering my calls and texts and all you have to say is hey ? where the fuck you at Brooklyn ? " He asked.

" i'm over at dricks house " she mumbled .

" Come yo ass home Brooklyn ! I'm giving you until the end of the day to come home because if I have to find you and bring you home it won't be nice " He said .

" Okay " She mumbled and he hung up on her face without responding to her . Brooklyn sighed and ran her fingers through her hair thinking of a lie to could tell Desmond to explain why she'd been gone for two weeks without answering his calls and texts so he wouldn't beat her ass .

As she was thinking of a lie to tell Desmond , Dante started calling her on facetime as well . She decided it was time to stop ignoring him as well and answered his calls . " Hello ? " She answered .

" What's wrong with you Brooklyn ? " Dante asked .

Brooklyn found it weird how Dante could always sense whenever something was wrong with her . He knew she was sad , mad , or upset as if he was physic or something .

" What do you mean ? " She asked playing dumb.

" I know something wrong with you I can feel it , that's why I been blowing you up all week . What's going on ? " He asked .

She sighed . " I think you're going to be mad with me if I tell you " She said .

" Just tell me " She said .

" I had a abortion a few days ago  " She said .

" The baby was mine ? " He asked and she shrugged .

" I don't know but that's not the only reason I got a abortion Dante . I just .. mentally i'm not ready to bring another baby in this world . I don't know if i'll have post partum again and it might be worse this time than the first time and I can't do that to Sakani , i'm still trying to get myself together so I can be a full time mother to her " She explained.

"Ok " Dante said.

" Okay ? " Brooklyn asked confused. She was just so sure he was going to yell at her and curse her out and call her a bunch of bitches and hoes . Atleats that's what Desmond would do.

" I understand what you're going through Brooklyn I do . So if you feel like you did the best thing for you mentally and for your daughter then that's cool . But I know you're not ok with that decision... I can see it in your eyes you're not ok " He said .