1

Chapter One : Brianna Lumar

Chapter One :
Brianna Lumar

I looked at myself in my full body mirror making sure that I didn't look too tore up . It was late at night and I was about to walk to the corner store because i'd gotten high with my cousins not too long ago and I had the munchies .

I was trying to make sure I looked somewhat cute because you never know who'll you'd run into and whenever i'm out looking a mess I see everyone I know so instead of going to the store in my best friend's big T-shirt and the pajama pants I previously had on I put on a pair of gray yoga pants that had my small booty looking like I actually had something back there with a red hoodie from victoria's secret on and a pair of slides .

I brushed my naturally curly hair up in a puff on top of my head making sure to grab my phone , wallet , and mace I walked out of my room into the living room where I found my little brother Blaire sitting on the couch playing the game with our niece Sakani sitting next to him watching youtube on her Ipad .

" I'm about to walk to Luckys real quick , y'all want something ? " I asked them .

" You not about to walk to no damn Luckys this late at night , you better call Drick to come bring you " He said speaking of our older cousin who basically took care of us .

" I'm not about to call that man from his house this late at night to come all the way over here to bring me to the store that's literally around the corner " I fussed .

" Aiight well I'm coming with you . Wait until I finish this game " He said and I rolled my eyes .

" Somebody has to stay here with Kani , i'll be alright I have my mace on me " I told him .

I knew why he was acting the way he was so I wasn't really mad at him for being overprotective even though I was older than him  .

We lived in the hood , right outside of the projects , and the corner store that I was about to walk to , Luckys , was the worst part of our hood . That store was the hangout place for drug dealers , prostitutes and fiends so they were old heads out there looking for women to have sex with , there was crackheads there looking for their next fix , the only good thing was that there was the fine ass drug dealers out there making their sells .

" Aiight go get a knife from out the kitchen " He said and I lifted my tongue showing him the blade that I had hidden under there .

I lived in Chicago and anything was bound to pop off at any minute so my cousins Drick and Westin and our best friend Coby made sure to teach all of us how to protect ourselves in case of an emergency .