24

Chapter Twenty Four

Coby sat in his car waiting on Shanti to come out of her apartment . He was texting with Brianna who was reminding him of her hair appointment that he was supposed to taking her to . He was happy that she was back communicating with him and allowing him into her space .

She kept trying to friend zone him but the fact that she was still letting him kiss all over her didn't help her case much but that's as far as she let him go but he was taking what he could get for now.

When he saw Shanti walking up to his car he put his phone up and unlocked his car so that she could get in . " hey " she told him .

" whats up ? you getting big " he told her as he rubbed her round belly.

" I know it's like I started popping out of nowhere. I need to get more clothes my stomach can't fit most of my shirts that's why i'm always wearing dresses " She said .

" i'll send you some bread to get some " he told her . He was still trying to figure out a way to be there for Shanti and the baby and to set boundaries between them because he didn't want her getting false expectations . He could tell she was hoping that they would be a family and he wasn't trying to be in that type of timing with her .

" thank you " she mumbled.

Neither of them knew what else to say so they listened to music the rest of the ride to the clinic. When they made it there he took a seat at one of the chairs in the waiting room while she went to check herself in .

He heard his phone get a text message and it was brianna asking him whether to get a deep side part or bust down .

what the fuck are you talking about ? He sent her a text as Shanti came to sit next to him .

Brianna sent him over some pictures and he put a heart by the one he liked the most . " Are you gonna be all into your phone the whole time ? What's more important than your daughter ? "

" Dont start doing bullshit like that , you gonna piss me off . We ain't even get to the room yet " Coby warned her .

" I understand that but you could make conversation with me instead of being all up in your phone . I barely see you , the only time I see you is if you're bringing me to an appointment "

" what we gotta see each other for ? you know what this is Shanti , I told you just cause we having a baby i'm not bout to be with you " Coby said .

" you don't have to be so mean about it " Shanti rolled her eyes . " and we don't have to be together but you be treating me like I have a disease or something. We should have some kind of relationship if we're gonna raise a baby together. All you do is bring me to my appointments and text me every other day and ask me am I good . You don't even call me " She said .

" call you and say what Shanti ? " Coby said getting annoyed.

" I don't know , ask about my day or my pregnancy craving or something . I know you don't wanna be with me but it feels like i'm in this pregnancy alone . I thought we could atleast be friends " She said as she felt her eyes watering .

Coby saw her about to cry and sighed . " Alright my bad . I can reach out to you more " He agreed .

Their conversation was cut short by the nurse calling them to the back . Coby put his phone in his pocket and grabbed Shanti's hand helping her to the back .

After the appointment he had about two hours before he had to pick Brianna up for her hair appointment so he took Shanti out for lunch because she made him feel bad about the way he was treating her .