I have a special mark that allows me to be unseen, that means from Ezra as well. All angels have them,Ostium aperiam it is named, meaning the door will open. The marks are for when we bring our charges to their death and take their souls to their new and final place of resting. It's a privacy thing, I guess one could say, but we are completely visible to our assigned charge in that period, with the exception of them no longer being alive.  The mark we Angel's bare, is less of a mark and more of a forcefield of invisibility to keep us hidden from all, even Father. All though, there is nothing in creation that can truly be kept from him, at some point he will notice my absence, again. That being said, he has distractions, the world is on his shoulders. Literally.

This will act in my favor, but not for long, you cannot keep it on for large periods without turning it off and having to start again. This will aid me in the long run, but not long for Sam. They will eventually come for her and I won't be there, I fear. I will try to evade them for as long as I can but at some point I must, must return to Samantha. Guardians cannot be away from their charges, terrible side effects occur in our absence. She must already feel the emptiness from the moment I made my leave, which I'm afraid is but only the start.

She won't understand I'm afraid, and how could she? She has no idea of what I truly am-That thought is most frightening, revealing my true self to her. Although, no one knows what would or could happen if a charge was to be made aware. No one has ever broken law, no one has ever doubted or rebelled, that is, until me. Other, more terrible things will afflict her, severe depression, her mind will begin to decay. Normal absentmindedness will turn to Dementia, Alzheimer's, things more worse, still. She will literally wither away. On another most unpleasant thought, there is the matter of what I have caused by exposing my true self to her while she is alive...

Not only are we the enforcers of our charges deaths, the procurer and deliverer of their souls, but first and most importantly we are their guardians. We make sure they live their lives the way destiny has planned. That they live to their God given potentials. Humans might not see the Divine logic in their infant child's passing or their great grandmothers, mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers, but I was made to believe there was. And until most recently I truly believed in all that. Until... there was Samantha.

I think I'm with the humans. I can't possibly fathom a being so small, so fragile, so full of life, womb or no, alive one moment and the extinguished the next. Lifeless and limp, blue and cold. I don't know how I ever could. But when Samantha went through, what that creten did to her every night, and I wasn't able to stop the horror from happening? That is when my faith started to die.

I was caught in my head and thoughts so deeply I wasn't aware Ezra was standing right in front of me, and that we no longer were in motion. "Are you alright, Caspian?" Ezra asked. His face wore worry. I didn't want to explain, or voice aloud my thoughts so I attempted deflection, "Yes, of course. Just in thought. Concentrating." 

"What do we do now, brother?" Ezra asked. Knowing his question was of the utmost importance, I hastily answered, "We can't keep up the cloud for long,  we must move. Canada next, somewhere populated, to help with masking us..." Ezra began closing his eyes, visualizing, seeming to me, that we both had the same location in mind I said, "I'll meet you there." 

Ezra gave a nod in agreeance, and off we were. In a flash Canada's cool air washed over my skin, a far cry from Nevada's dry desert air. I was standing on a nondescript street with about dozen houses located on it, on the outskirts of the city. Hoping he was there, I spoke aloud, "Ezra we shall turn off the mark on my command... now!" Ezra and I took our thumbs to each of our own sternums and pushed into the mark and an invisible ripple tore through the atmosphere.

We heard the call that turning off our mark made. It was a sound between a deep Dong and the rich DING of a bell. Humans could not hear this of course, but still, I looked about just in case. All was clear. "They are coming! Ezra I am so sorry I have brought this fate upon you, I never would have done so, had there been another way, but we must split up now. The others think they have a location, we must turn the mark back on and separate. When I believe it is safe, as safe as it can be, I'll contact you. Do you understand me brother?"