Chapter 16

There's going to be mistakes but I've finally updated!

Don't forget to vote, comment and fan :) Thank youuuuuuu <3

"What's the bet Derek's still alive and you're just taking me back to him?" I said as I sat with Kale in a BMW. It felt like we were back in Miami racing away from Austin's Austin's other enemies, except we were in a different car and Alec and Emily were in the back seat- oh and the obvious fact that were in Hawaii.

Earlier, when we 'escaped' the police station, we didn't exactly exit as smooth as I hoped. Detective Ellis decided it was a great idea to come back to the station while we were about to leave the same way he arrived; through the stairs. I would've expected him to at least take the elevator but apparently not. So, as he saw us and immediately held his gun up at our faces, Kale tackled him back down the stairs causing Ellis to pull the trigger. I flinched as I heard the sound and prayed it didn't hit anyone. As I looked at the three of them, I noticed that it didn't.

Alec grabbed my arm and we walked down the stairs with Emily trailing behind us. At the bottom, lay Ellis looking limp. To my relief, Kale assured me that he just knocked him out.

"You saw how dead he was? You saw them put him in the back of an ambulance?" Alec said like it was the most obvious thing ever.

"Oh I don't know" I said casually. "You guys know some pretty evil stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if Derek's men killed everyone and managed to save him"

"Can you not thank us for saving you?" He sounded irritated.

"Hell no" I shook my head.

"Derek's dead" Kale said softly. "And I was the one that planned the whole thing, Alec and Emily didn't want to be a part of it"

"Thank god" I sighed. It felt like I could breathe again, like I could finally step outside without having to look over my shoulder and worry about my friends and family.

Sure, the FBI were after us now but they knew nothing. Nothing compared to what Derek knew. He was gone, really gone and it was something I could smile about. I leaned my head on the head rest of the seat and closed my eyes. All I wanted to do was go home and relax for the first time in a long time.

It hasn't even been a year. The trouble began once I got here. I fell in love with Austin as soon as I saw him, we started going out not long after that and we broke up shortly after. I've been kidnapped, beaten, and heart broken. This all happened in months.

In books it takes the same amount of time all that happened, for two people to fall in love.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Back to Miami" Kale said.

My eyes flew open. "Really?"

"Yes. We need to get you out of Hawaii"

"I still don't know why we can't just leave her on the side of the road" Alec mumbled from the back.

"How about we leave you on the side of the road?" Emily bit back. Ouch.

"Why are you suddenly on her side?" Alec asked with a harsh tone.

"Because no one is giving us orders anymore. She was innocent in the first place and you should open your god damn eyes and look at the poor girl"

"Whatever" Alec sighed.

I swallowed and looked out the window. Alec obviously didn't like me and he was right. Why weren't they just leaving me on the side of the road? They could be escaping all this by now. Kale didn't have to save me and neither did Emily and Alec. I suddenly felt uncomfortable and out of place.