Chapter 2

Happy New Years!! I hope you all had/have fun and stay safe and happy for 2014 :)

Sorry if this chapter is bad, I rushed it and wanted to post it on the 1st of January

-

Two weeks and five days and I missed Austin too much that soon I wouldn't be able to handle it.

"I honestly feel like i'm staring at a god damn brick wall!" Jake screamed and slammed his laptop shut. "I'm good at this, Gabby and I both learned how to find and hide tracks but she seems to be that one step better than me!"

I ran over to where Jake and the gang were just in time to see his arm being pulled back by Caleb. He was going to punch the wall, again. I wrapped my arm around Jake's waist and brought him over to the couch so we could both sit down. He pulled me closer when we sat and kissed the top of my head.

"Jake, you have to stop" I whispered.

Caleb, Damon, Reece, Kyle and Liam sat on the opposite couch and observed Jake as if he was going to shatter into a thousand pieces of glass.

"I can't, not until I find her" He trailed off. "She checked into a hospital in New York with a fractured rib and a broken arm.

"What?" I asked with disbelief covering my voice.

"You didn't tell her?" Damon spoke with surprise written all over his face as he looked at Reece.

"Avery's going through a lot, she's not.." Reece trailed off when he realised what he said.

"Shit" Kyle mumbled and looked down at the ground.

Jake immediately released me but turned my shoulders so I faced him. Eye to eye. "What happened Avery?" He asked. He stared at me with such intensity my breath hitched in my throat and I realised that it was him that I was lying to. My own brother, I was leaving him to drown in his own tears, in his own guilt and in his own pain. Our eyes searched each others and I could just imagine him trying to pull out the information I knew. He was trying to grasp anything he could about Gabby.

"I.." My mouth ran dry after that one syllable.

"You know something" He let go of my shoulders.

"Jake" I breathed out. I reached out to touch his cheek but he didn't let me, he bolted to a standing position and pointed at me accusingly. His actions stung me like ice touching me on a cold day but I guess me knowing something killed him.

"No" He shouted and the boys flinched. "You know something, and you're not telling me! What's going on with Gabby? What do you know?"

"Calm down Jake" Caleb uttered in a forceful voice.

"I'm..i'm so sorry" I shook my head and swiftly stood like Jake did. He looked at me with his jaw clenched and his fists balled. Veins were visible on his neck and his breathing floated out heavily.

I turned around and grabbed the keys to my Skyline which were at the table near the door. "Avery!" Jake shouted and I could hear him walking to where I was. My hand found the door handle without me looking and I quickly opened it and stepped outside. The blue angel lit up for a split second when I pressed the electronic piece and I hopped in the drivers seat of the car.

"Avery!" Jake shouted again as he stepped out of the house.

I stuck the key in the igntion and heard my baby spring to life as I reversed out of the driveway and onto the main road. Looking back at my house where Jake was standing brought back flashbacks of when Gabby left Jake the same way. I hit the wheel like I punched my wall. What was I doing to my brother?