Chapter 13

++++Jake's POV++++

I woke up feeling the freshest i've ever felt in a while since Gabby left on a suicide mission. I loved her too much to let her go, or to let us go. Then again, love had nothing to do with this. It's out of common sense that I would find her and bring her back to safety.

I nudged the guys awake and they protested but my warning eyes shut them up. It was almost 9pm and I knew we would be up all night on this case. I almost laughed at how cliche and vampire-like it sounded. I felt like a detective. I exited the lounge room but stopped when I got in the hallway. The house was quiet, too quiet and Avery should be home.

"One second" I announced as I took two steps a time so I could reach Avery's room faster.

She wasn't there. I pursed my lips as I took out my phone and called her phone.

No one answered.

Maybe Maddie will know where she is. I mean, I know they're not the best of friends yet but they were friends and maybe she knew where she was headed.

"Where are you going?" Damon asked. His eyebrows scrunched with confusion.

"I'll be back" I nodded once and stepped out of the house. It was dark outside and a bit cold too but as I walked across the road and over to Maddie's property. Thoughts crept into my mind about Avery being in trouble. I just had that feeling and with everything that's happened lately it wouldn't be a surprise.

I knocked twice then three times on the door and waited until Maddie opened it. My heart fell when I saw she was crying, badly. That was when I knew my baby sister was in trouble. I gritted my teeth and rested my arm on the door frame.

"What happened?" I asked.

"She" She hiccuped. "She- They took her" She paused and burst into sobs. "Oh my god it was bad, she hit her head and Kale was there"

My eyes widened. Kale, volunteered to help me lead a gang when my family lived a few cities away from Miami and my gang wasn't with me at the time. We started when I was 16 and he was 26. I use to talk about her and through me, Kale started to know a lot about her. He even began wishing he could meet her but he couldn't, he couldn't meet any of my family for their safety.

But he did go behind Derek's back and meet Avery, he saw her said hi and with me there started an awkward conversation since he just met her and he was a 26 year old talking to a 14 year old. It only lasted an hour or two before Derek found out and injected Avery with a needle that made her forget ever meeting him.

Kale hated Derek after that so I made him promise me that if he ever crossed paths with her in the future, he would protect her or at least make sure nothing bad happens to her.

"Kale would make sure nothing too bad happens to her" I nodded my head trying to calm myself down.

But then I started shaking my head and my anger grew. Derek would've conducted the whole episode. Which means Derek will have her right now. I hit the side of Maddie's door frame and mumbled a quick apology before racing across the street to my house.

"That sadistic asshole has her" I yelled as I opened the door and barged in.

It didn't take long for my friends to catch on. Maybe because they themselves went in search for Avery or maybe because they knew me too well. Kyle's face hardened. Out of all of them, Kyle was the closest to Avery and I knew even though my gang would do anything to find Avery, that Kyle would do everything to find her.